The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
April 14, 2003 Issue - 19 Articles
Politics & the World
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
What does TNR have against Howard Dean?, etc.
- TRB: Media Bias, p. 6
Conservatives keep slamming the press for its negative coverage of the war. But the pre...
- Just the Facts, p. 7
There's an extremely good reason for the press to cover this war skeptically. During wa...
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Colin Powell triangulates, etc.
- Secret Service, p. 10
What the administration knew, and ignored, about the Fedayeen Saddam
- Domestic Abuse, pp. 11-12
Bush's domestic agenda hits a wall
- Camp Fire, p. 13
Why the United States and Iraq are both studying Jenin
- Jerusalem Dispatch: Prime Time, pp. 14-15
The peace process won't restart anytime soon, no matter what happens in Iraq
- Laundry Bag, pp. 16-17
Why the Treasury Department still isn't serious about stopping terrorist funding
- Strategic Attack, pp. 18-20
Rumsfeld's was the worst possible war plan. Except for all the others
- Master Builder, pp. 21-23
What we should remember about Pat Moynihan
Books & the Arts
[+] Films: Two Faces (2 Reviews) , p. 24
Cet Amour-La (2003 Film), by Josee Dayan
- Cet Amour-La (2003 Film) by Josee Dayan
- Fellini: I'm a Born Liar (2002 Film) by Damian Pettigrew
- Theater: Why Plays Fail, pp. 25-26
Midnight's Children is overcrowded, My Life With Albertine is clumsy, and Dirty Story i...
- The Napoleon Complex, pp. 27-29
Dominique de Villepin's study of Bonaparte and the debacle at the Security Council
[+] Traffic (Review) , pp. 30-33
Cosmopolis, by Don DeLillo
- Cosmopolis by Don DeLillo
[+] Sober Lemmings (Review) , pp. 34-35
The Social Norms Approach to Preventing School and College Age Substance Abuse, by H. W...
- The Social Norms Approach to Preventing School and College Age Substance Abuse by H. Wesley Perkins
- Mouth Music, pp. 36-37
- London Diarist, pp. 38-40
- Cover Illustration