The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
October 14, 2002 Issue - 18 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Posner v. Tribe on Dershowitz's credentials, etc.
- TRB: Win Win, p. 6
How war in Iraq could help the war on terrorism
- Reasonable Doubt, p. 7
What if Jim McDermott was right?
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Don't cry for him, New Jersey, etc.
- White House Watch: Double Speak, p. 10
The Bush team's bad week
- Jerusalem Dispatch: United State, p. 11
Is Israel winning?
- Private Practice, pp. 12-15
How lawyers aided and abetted the corporate scandals---and got away with it
- Gender Bender, pp. 16-19
Forget Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Dole. The new face of women in politics is Michiga...
- Turtle Dove, pp. 20-23
The surprising thing isn't that Kofi Annan is selling the U.S. out over Iraq. The supri...
[+] On Films: Survivors (2 Reviews) , pp. 24-25
Invincible (2001 Film), by Werner Herzog
- Invincible (2001 Film) by Werner Herzog
- On Guard (1997 Film) by Philippe de Broca
[+] On Theater: Arthur Miller at 87 (2 Reviews) , p. 26
Echoes Down the Corridor, by Arthur Miller and Steven R. Centola
- Echoes Down the Corridor by Arthur Miller and Steven R. Centola
- Conversations with Arthur Miller by Matthew C. Roudane and Arthur Miller
- The Deer, the Mushrooms, the Umbrella, p. 27
[+] Art With the Proper Stranger (Review) , pp. 28-37
The Lives of the Muses, by Francine Prose
- The Lives of the Muses by Francine Prose
[+] Rebel, Rebel (Review) , pp. 38-39
Jesse James: Last Rebel of the Civil War, by T.J. Stiles
- Jesse James: Last Rebel of the Civil War by T.J. Stiles
[+] Paths of Dependence (2 Reviews) , pp. 40-45
The Divided Welfare State, by Jacob S. Hacker
- The Divided Welfare State by Jacob S. Hacker
- Transformation of the Welfare State by Neil Gilbert
[+] The Box of Tricks (Review) , pp. 46-49
The Autograph Man, by Zadie Smith
- The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith
- Washington Diarist: Run, pp. 50-52
- On the Cover: Illustration