The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
November 25, 2002 Issue - 16 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Liberals v. the liberal case for war, etc.
- TRB: Outer Limits, p. 6
Why liberals should reconsider term limits
- Getting the Message, p. 7
The old Democratic Party returns
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
The return of the "trifecta" lie, etc.
- Out of Service, pp. 10-11
The U.S. hands off Karzai to hired guns
- Seoul Dispatch: Cash Flow, pp. 12-13
Kim Jong Il's secret plot: capitalism
- Resident Aliens, pp. 14-17
America has an insane system for training doctors. So why are doctors so attached to it?
- Hurry Up, p. 18
Nancy Pelosi's opponent for minority leader, Harold Ford, could be just what congressio...
- Follow the Leader, pp. 19-23
Nancy Pelosi says she's in the mainstream among House Democrats. She is---and that's pr...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Forces of Life (2 Reviews) , pp. 24-25
The Crime of Padre Amaro (2002 Film), by Carlos Carrera
- The Crime of Padre Amaro (2002 Film) by Carlos Carrera
- Tully (2000 Film) by Hilary Birmingham
- Along Together, pp. 26-27
[+] Meet the Flintstones (Review) , pp. 28-32
The Blank Slate, by Steven Pinker
- The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker
[+] The Prisoner of Myth (Review) , pp. 33-37
Regions of the Great Heresy, by Jerzy Ficowski and Theodosia Robertson
- Regions of the Great Heresy by Jerzy Ficowski and Theodosia Robertson
- Ask Them, pp. 38-41
- Cambridge Diarist: Class Act, pp. 42-44
- On the Cover: Illustration