The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
November 4, 2002 Issue - 16 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
The problem with "preventive" wars, etc.
- TRB: Backfire, p. 6
Will Iraq help Democrats at the polls?
- Island Mentality, p. 7
How to change Indonesia
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Does the sniper watch Larry King?, etc.
- White House Watch: Nuclear Test, p. 10
How North Korea became news
- Noise Pollution, pp. 11-13
Al Qaeda's disinformation campaign
- Power Play, pp. 14-16
How to overthrow North Korea's regime without war
- Private Club, pp. 17-18
The Democrats keep bashing the Republicans on Social Security, but they won't propose a...
- Trash Pickup, pp. 19-21
Ameicans think of the British as the Greeks to our Rome. Actually, they're more like th...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Grace Under Pressure (Review) , p. 22
Safe Conduct (2002 Film), by Bertrand Tavernier
- Safe Conduct (2002 Film) by Bertrand Tavernier
[+] The Information (Review) , pp. 23-26
Koba the Dread, by Martin Amis
- Koba the Dread by Martin Amis
[+] The New Old World (Review) , pp. 27-28
The Culture of Classicism, by Caroline Winterer
- The Culture of Classicism by Caroline Winterer
- From the Notebooks of Anne Verveine, pp. 29-30
[+] Byron at Gound Zero (Review) , pp. 31-37
Romantics at War, by George P. Fletcher
- Romantics at War by George P. Fletcher
- Washington Diarist: Lesser Evil, pp. 38-40
- On the Cover: Illustration