The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
March 25, 1996 Issue - 20 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
The enemies of Alan Keyes, the meaning of hell, etc.
- TRB: Fidel and Mr. Smith, p. 6
Castro's U.S. brother to the rescue
- Wages and Sin, p. 7
Is there a way to make CEO's be moral?
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Republican hypocrisy on immigration and health care, etc.
- Sarajevo Postcard: Il Postino, p. 10
Bosnia's new thrill---the mail!
- Kinshasa Postcard: Moneybags, p. 11
Mobutu's bribe economy in Zaire
- Peace and Illusion, pp. 12-13
The platitudes won't work anymore
- Deliverance, pp. 14-17
Georgia's voters proved that the south is not as exceptional as Buchanan and Alexander ...
- Attack Dogs, pp. 18-19
Dole's latest hires should make Clinton worry
- The Reactionary, pp. 20-22
Why goofy Steve Forbes is actually scarier than Patrick Buchanan when you look closely ...
- Campaign Journal: Reality Bites, pp. 23-26
Alan Keyes starves himself, Patrick Buchanan avenges Susan Faludi and Robert Dole gets ...
- Tex-Mix, pp. 27-29
A recipe for the Republican future in Texas
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Getting Better (2 Reviews) , pp. 30-31
Up Close and Personal (1996 Film), by Jon Avnet
- Up Close and Personal (1996 Film) by Jon Avnet
- Fargo (1996 Film) by Joel Coen
- On Theater: England Reaches Out, pp. 32-33
A new cosmopolitanism in London theater
[+] No Man Is An Island (Review) , pp. 34-37
Myths of Modern Individualism, by Ian Watt
- Myths of Modern Individualism by Ian Watt
[+] The Un-Great Game (4 Reviews) , pp. 38-39
The Fragmentation of Afghanistan, by Barnett R. Rubin
- The Fragmentation of Afghanistan by Barnett R. Rubin
- The Search for Peace in Afghanistan by Barnett R. Rubin
- Afghanistan by Mohammed Kakar
- Out of Afghanistan by Diego Cordovez and Selig S. Harrison
- The Poles, pp. 40-41
[+] The White Album (Review) , pp. 42-45
The Politics of Rage, by Dan T. Carter
- The Politics of Rage by Dan T. Carter
- Washington Diarist: Vex Populi, pp. 46-48