The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
September 11, 1995 Issue - 18 Articles
- TRB: Juiced, pp. 4-5
America's equal opportunity paranoia
- Correspondence, pp. 6-8
Eric Foner vs. Ronald Radosh, policing the world, etc.
- The Brothers Kamel, p. 9
A feud in the house of Saddam
- Notebook, pp. 10-11
Yasir Arafat's hypocrisy, Robert Mugabe's hang-ups, etc.
- Awestruck, p. 12
Another exclusive from the business world
- White House Watch: Deep Thoughts, p. 13
What's so great about Bradley?
- Mapped Out, pp. 14-15
Fantasizing about Tudjman's smoking menu
- The Abolitionists, p. 16
The latest GOP panacea for deficit reductoin is eliminating whole Cabinet departments. ...
- Are Breast Implants Actually OK?, pp. 17-21
Lawsuits against breast implant makers are bringing in billions. But where's the eviden...
- The Evil Empire, pp. 22-25
Ben and Jerry have become the Mother Teresas of ice cream. The real scoop is a little m...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Vision Territory (2 Reviews) , p. 26
Country Life (1994 Film), by Michael Blakemore
- Country Life (1994 Film) by Michael Blakemore
- Something to Talk About (1995 Film) by Lasse Hallstrom
- On Theater: The Death of the Collective Ideal, pp. 27-29
When nonprofit theater becomes yet another casualty of corporate values
- On Dance: Family Values, pp. 30-35
Martha Graham and the art of succession
[+] But Verify (Review) , pp. 36-38
Trust, by Francis Fukuyama
- Trust by Francis Fukuyama
[+] Don't Cry For Me, Guatemala (2 Reviews) , pp. 39-41
Bridge of Courage, by Jennifer Harbury
- Bridge of Courage by Jennifer Harbury
- Between Two Armies in the Ixil Towns of Guatemala by David Stoll
- Biographical Sketch, p. 42
- Washington Diarist: Paninaro, pp. 43-44