The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
September 4, 1995 Issue - 20 Articles
- TRB: Off Track, pp. 4-5
A stealth attack on labor and the environment
- Correspondence, pp. 6-8
Relativist science, Americans on Mars, etc.
- He Shot the Sheriff, p. 9
Mumia Abu-Jamal is guilty but should live
- Notebook, pp. 10-11
The myth of Serbian solidarity, Richard Riley's doodles, etc.
- Krakow Postcard: Same Frequency, p. 12
The Polish-Chechen love-in
- "Love Your Piece", p. 13
Men's Day edits the Unabomber
- Let Them In;Why keep out Bosnian refugees?, pp. 13-15
- Zagreb Postcard: Finders, Keepers, p. 16
The Croatian offensive
- Terror Struck, pp. 17-18
Will anti-terrorism laws wreck habeas corpus?
- On the Hill: Knotty Boys, p. 19
The GOP's regulating deregulation
- White House Watch: Big Zit, pp. 20-21
Clinton's Whitewater capitalism
- Not-So-Clueless, pp. 22-25
The hip and the young are embracing multi-culturalism with gleeful enthusiasm, further ...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: All the World's a Film (Review) , p. 26
The Great Train Robbery (1903 Film), by Edwin S. Porter
- The Great Train Robbery (1903 Film) by Edwin S. Porter
- On Art: London Grit, pp. 27-29
The color of the city in Leon Kossoff's art
[+] Believers-in-Chief (2 Reviews) , pp. 30-33
The Jefferson Bible, by Thomas Jefferson
- The Jefferson Bible by Thomas Jefferson
- Lincoln's Devotional by Carl Sandburg and Abraham Lincoln
[+] When All Men Were Equal (Review) , pp. 34-36
Stalin's Letters to Molotov: 1925-1936, by Lars T. Lih, Oleg V. Naumov, and Oleg V. Khl...
- Stalin's Letters to Molotov: 1925-1936 by Lars T. Lih, Oleg V. Naumov, and Oleg V. Khlevniuk, ...
[+] Power to the People (Review) , pp. 37-39
The Populist Persuasion, by Michael Kazin
- The Populist Persuasion by Michael Kazin
- Reprise, pp. 40-41
- Cape Cod Diarist: Media Moguls, pp. 42-44