The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
July 19, 1993 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Questioning the answer, facts and fallacies, etc.
- TRB: Room to Move, p. 6
Why Clinton has the drop on the GOP
- The Baghdad Syndrom, p. 7
The limits of Clinton's first step
- Notebook, p. 8
Total quality newspapers, the lies of the justices, etc.
- Bihac Postcard: Pocket Change, p. 9
Life in the besieged enclave
- White House Watch: Whirling Gergen, pp. 10-11
What has the Nixon-Reagan image-meister been up to since his return to Pennsylvania Ave...
- False Gold, p. 12
Chinese immigrants and the American Dream
- The Rights Stuff, pp. 13-15
The Clintonites are on the verge of bungling human rights policy, if the Vienna confere...
- Total Quality Meaning, pp. 16-27
What do the "politics of meaning," Total Quality Management and the Clinton administrat...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Familiar Places, Familiar Faces (2 Reviews) , p. 28
Jacquot (1993 Film), by Agnes Varda
- Jacquot (1993 Film) by Agnes Varda
- Life with Mikey (1993 Film) by James Lapine
- On Theater: Unity from Diversity, p. 29
I Am a Man revisits the '60s,; Marisol looks into an apocalyptic future
[+] The Idea of Elsewhere (Review) , pp. 30-36
Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life, by Andrew Motion
- Philip Larkin: A Writer's Life by Andrew Motion
[+] Saddam's Scribes (Review) , pp. 37-39
Cruelty and Silence, by Kanan Makiya
- Cruelty and Silence by Kanan Makiya
[+] Unnatural Law (Review) , pp. 40-41
The Partial Constitution, by Cass R. Sunstein
- The Partial Constitution by Cass R. Sunstein
- The Oral Tradition, pp. 42-44
- Washington Diarist: Culture Camp, pp. 45-48