The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
August 16, 1993 Issue - 19 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
A new dimension to dimensions, chronic illness, etc.
- TRB: Who Killed Vincent Foster?, p. 6
Suspect #1: The Journal
- Crown Depths, pp. 7-8
The disturbing truth about the riot
- Notebook, p. 9
Sam Nunn's pesky prejudice, Republican flood relief, etc.
- Blah, Blah, Blah, p. 10
The question the senator asked of the judge
- Montgomery Postcard: Driving Miss Onnie, p. 11
A turn in the South
- Family-Mongers, pp. 12-13
There's a striking new policy consensus on the right and the left in Washington. And it...
- Boom Town, p. 14
Sarajevo's thriving art world
- The 'Doable' War, pp. 15-17
Eight months ago we all debated whether Somalia or Bosnia was more worthy of interventi...
- Into the Sea, pp. 18-19
Maybe Israel's nightmare is actually its salvation. A plan for Israel's expansion into ...
- Bitter Pill, p. 20
The truth about health care reform is one the administration doesn't want to face: it m...
- Who Cares Anyway?, pp. 21-23
Does anyone really want health reform?
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Midsummer Roundup (4 Reviews) , pp. 24-25
Rising Sun (1993 Film), by Philip Kaufman
- Rising Sun (1993 Film) by Philip Kaufman
- Bohemian Life (1993 Film) by Aki Kaurismaki
- Road Scholar (1993 Film) by Roger Weisberg
- The Wedding Banquet (1993 Film) by Ang Lee
[+] Home Repairs (6 Reviews) , pp. 26-31
The Way We Never Were, by Stephanie Coontz
- The Way We Never Were by Stephanie Coontz
- The Subversive Family by Ferdinand Mount
- The Family in the Western World by Beatrice Gottlieb
- The Politics of Parenthood by Mary Frances Berry
- Lives on the Edge by Valerie Polakow
- Fatherhood in America: A History by Robert L. Griswold
[+] Sleepless in Seattle (Review) , pp. 32-36
Embraced by the Light, by Betty J. Eadie and Curtis Taylor
- Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie and Curtis Taylor
[+] Rebel With a Cause (2 Reviews) , pp. 37-39
Nicholas Ray: An American Journey, by Bernard Eisenschitz
- Nicholas Ray: An American Journey by Bernard Eisenschitz
- I Was Interrupted by Nicholas Ray and Susan Ray
- Place You'll Never Go, pp. 40-41
- Washington Diarist: Potential Risks, pp. 42-44