The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
November 16, 1992 Issue - 20 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
In defense of Bush's war record, mammograms, etc.
- TRB: Stay Mad, p. 6
Bush is accusing Clinton of waffles?
- Cuckoo's Nest, p. 7
Finally, America meets the real Ross Perot
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Iraqgate wrinkles, Bushies' draft records, the Guff Patrol, etc.
- The Shrub File: Weddingate, pp. 10-11
Crisco throws a long bomb
- Cool Hand Bill, p. 12
Clinton's amazing confidence trick
- On the Hill: Trade Nimbys, pp. 13-14
Congress is all for helping Eastern European enterprise---so long as they don't compete...
- Runners-Up, p. 15
Why I won't vote for a candidate who jobs
- The Big House, p. 16
An alternative to term limits
- Monkey Business, p. 17
Does the enlightened view that organ transplants should go to HIV-positive patients mak...
- Brother Ray, pp. 18-21
Ross Perot's missing sibling syndrome
- Get Real, pp. 22-25
Are the Palestinians blowing the peace talks?
- Black Thumbs, pp. 26-27
How Dick Darman and company killed Bush's environmentalism and helped Bill Clinton towa...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Fall Round-Up (5 Reviews) , p. 28
Deadly Currents (1992 Film), by Simcha Jacobovici
- Deadly Currents (1992 Film) by Simcha Jacobovici
- Consenting Adults (1992 Film) by Alan J. Pakula
- A River Runs Through It (1992 Film) by Robert Redford
- Waterland (1992 Film) by Stephen Gyllenhaal
- All the Mornings of the World (1991 Film) by Alain Corneau
- On Art: The Shock of the Old, pp. 29-31
Confessions of a museum-blockbuster hater
[+] The Declinist (Review) , pp. 32-40
Kissinger: A Biography, by Walter Isaacson
- Kissinger: A Biography by Walter Isaacson
[+] The Heart of the Matter (Review) , p. 41
Black Dogs, by Ian McEwan
- Black Dogs by Ian McEwan
- Brain, Heart, and Hand, pp. 42-45
- Washington Diarist: Hip-Hope, pp. 46-48