The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
November 18, 1991 Issue - 16 Articles
- TRB: Design Your Own, pp. 4-5
How to read the tax-cut menu
- Correspondence, p. 6
The virtues of Kimberly Bergalis, Hernando de Soto, etc.
- The Slump Hump, p. 7
Don't panic about the lingering rececession. It's good for us
- Notebook, p. 8
Black Muslims and Anita Hill, etc.
- White House Watch: A WASP Thing, p. 9
George Bush's dirty little secret: he's a civil rights softie---and the compromise was ...
- Fine Print, pp. 10-12
The civil rights deal may not be quite the liberal coup it seems. The details suggest a...
- Unquick Fix;The best historical parallel for the Middle East peace conference is the wrangling to end the Thirty Years' War. It lasted four years, pp. 13-15
- The Conspiracy That Wasn't, pp. 16-31
The sources who persuaded Gary Sick and dozens of gullible reporters that there was a s...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Furies (2 Reviews) , pp. 32-33
Year of the Gun (1991 Film), by John Frankenheimer
- Year of the Gun (1991 Film) by John Frankenheimer
- The Architecture of Doom (1991 Film) by Peter Cohen
- On Theater: Caricatures in Search of an Author, pp. 34-35
The top-rated, X-rated miniseries brought to you by the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Three in a Bed, pp. 36-39
[+] Georgia On My Mind (Review) , pp. 40-44
The Future Belongs to Freedom, by Eduard Shevardnadze
- The Future Belongs to Freedom by Eduard Shevardnadze
[+] The Birds and the Bee (Review) , p. 45
Colette: A Life, by Herbert R. Lottman
- Colette: A Life by Herbert R. Lottman
- Last Christmas, pp. 46-49
- Washington Diarist: Primordial Ooze, pp. 50-52