The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
March 12, 1990 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, p. 4
Miles in perspective, the Soviet New Right, etc.
- Grand Partners, pp. 5-7
- Together Again , p. 8
- Notebook , p. 9
- The Veep's Keeper, pp. 10-11
Dan Quayle's no rocket scientist, you say? Luckily, he's got one working for him by the...
- Burn, Drexel, Burn, pp. 12-13
It's natural to smirk at the hated junk bond traders' collapse. But when other firms fo...
- Mandela Unbound, pp. 14-19
The ANC leader has refuted the dire warnings of the Nationalist Party by reassuring whi...
- Are Animals People Too?, pp. 20-22
No, but they're sentient, and for moral purposes that's enough. Beneath the carrot-wavi...
- Pet Causes;Washington's closet animal rights activivists, pp. 23-27
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: United States (2 Reviews) , pp. 28-29
Roger and Me (1989 Film), by Michael Moore
- Roger and Me (1989 Film) by Michael Moore
- Loose Cannons (1990 Film) by Bob Clark
[+] Birth in Venice (3 Reviews) , pp. 30-31
The Genius of Jacopo Bellini, by Colin T. Eisler
- The Genius of Jacopo Bellini by Colin T. Eisler
- Giovanni Bellini by Rona Goffen
- The Feast of the Gods by David Bull and Joyce Plesters
- Questions, pp. 32-33
[+] The Brain in Spain (Review) , pp. 34-38
The Imperative of Modernity, by Rockwell Gray
- The Imperative of Modernity by Rockwell Gray
[+] Bad Boys and Bolsheviks (Review) , pp. 39-42
Astrophobia, by Sasha Sokolov
- Astrophobia by Sasha Sokolov
[+] The Business of Immortality (Review) , pp. 43-45
The Politics of Literary Reputation, by John Rodden
- The Politics of Literary Reputation by John Rodden
- London Diarist: Le Vice Americain, pp. 46-48
To wit, Anglophilia
- Cover: Photograph