The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
March 18, 1972 Issue - 19 Articles
- The ITT Scandal, pp. 5-6
- A Lot of Losers , p. 7
- Logrolling , p. 8
- The Right to Quiet , p. 9
- Space Math , p. 10
- '72 Campaign , p. 10
- Steps Toward Integration, p. 11
- In the Public Interest: Don't Eat That Dog, p. 12
- The Nixon Watch: Back Home, pp. 13-14
- Pulpwood Peonage, pp. 15-16
- Turning Point in Asia, pp. 17-18
- The New McCarthy: Staking It All on Illinois, pp. 19-22
- Cartoon, p. 23
[+] On Films: A Masterpiece (Review) , p. 24
Tokyo Story (1953 Film), by Yasujiro Ozu
- Tokyo Story (1953 Film) by Yasujiro Ozu
[+] Le Grand Charles (Review) , p. 25
Memoirs of Hope, by Charles de Gaulle
- Memoirs of Hope by Charles de Gaulle
[+] Insistent Patterns of Repression (Review) , pp. 26-30
After the Planners, by Robert Goodman
- After the Planners by Robert Goodman
[+] Strikes Against Government (2 Reviews) , p. 31
The Unions and the Cities, by Harry H. Wellington and Ralph K. Winter, Jr.
- The Unions and the Cities by Harry H. Wellington and Ralph K. Winter, Jr.
- Managing Local Government Under Union Pressure by David T. Stanley and Carole L. Cooper
[+] In Brief (3 Reviews) , p. 32
The Bankruptcy of Academic Policy, by Peter Caws, S. Dillon Ripley, and Philip C. Ritte...
- The Bankruptcy of Academic Policy by Peter Caws, S. Dillon Ripley, and Philip C. Ritterbush, ...
- Political Brokers by Judith G. Smith
- Truth and Untruth by Paul N. McCloskey, Jr.
- Correspondence, pp. 33-36