The New Criterion Archives
The New Criterion • 24 Years, 230 Issues, 4,018 Articles, 22,439pp
February 1988 Issue - 15 Articles
- The Anselm Kiefer retrospective, pp. 1-4
- Tom Wolfe's vanities, pp. 5-16
- Schoenberg and the battles of modern music, pp. 17-26
- Yves Bonnefoy, pp. 27-32
- "Cider 5c a Glass", pp. 33-37
- The Rosso exhibition, pp. 38-42
- From September to December, pp. 43-54
- Ruminations on the romantic piano, pp. 55-58
- Tropical fever in midtown, pp. 59-62
[+] Hugh Kenner: a sinking oeuvre (Review) , pp. 63-70
A Sinking Island, by Hugh Kenner
- A Sinking Island by Hugh Kenner
[+] Life, from SoHo (4 Reviews) , pp. 71-74
Eric Fischl, by Donald Kuspit, Eric Fischl, and Elizabeth Avedon, ...
- Eric Fischl by Donald Kuspit, Eric Fischl, and Elizabeth Avedon, ...
- Francesco Clemente by Rainer Crone, Francesco Clemente, and Elizabeth Avedon, ...
- Robert Rauschenberg by Barbara Rose, Robert Rauschenberg, and Elizabeth Avedon, ...
- David Salle by Peter Schjeldahl and David Salle
[+] Call it irresponsible (Review) , pp. 75-76
Shifting Landscape, by Henry Roth and Mario Materassi
- Shifting Landscape by Henry Roth and Mario Materassi
- An evening at the University of the Arts, pp. 77-81
- The purest Hitchens, pp. 82-86
- Letters, pp. 87-94