Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
July 1982 Issue - 16 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-6
- Letters, p. 7
- Making Waves at the Fcc., pp. 8-9
The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, Mark Fowler, is taking a chainsa...
- Howard Baker Delivers the Pork..., pp. 10-12
Like the Clinch River Breeder Reactor, the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway, the Tennessee ...
- Putting World War III on Ice, pp. 13-18
After thirty-five years ofliving in the nuclear age, people still aren't used to the th...
- Feeding the Dairy Lobby, pp. 19-23
Last year taxpayers paid out a record high of $1.8 billion in dairy subsidies, which ex...
- Off Limits: The Politics of World Travel, pp. 24-28
Cancel your trip to Cuba this summer--Uncle Sam doesn't want you to go. Going to the US...
- Where the Left Goes Wrong on Foreign Policy, pp. 29-33
In the name of nonintervention the left will stage a rally against American aid to the ...
[+] The real class struggle in America (2 Reviews) , pp. 34-35
Tax Revolt, by David O. Sears and Jack Citrin
- Tax Revolt by David O. Sears and Jack Citrin
- The Tax Revolt by Alvin Rabushka and Pauline Ryan
[+] Man vs. the State (Review) , pp. 36-38
The Ethics of Liberty, by Murray N. Rothbard and Hans-Hermann Hoppe
- The Ethics of Liberty by Murray N. Rothbard and Hans-Hermann Hoppe
[+] Merchants of death (Review) , pp. 39-40
The Global Politics of Arms Sales, by Andrew J. Pierre
- The Global Politics of Arms Sales by Andrew J. Pierre
[+] A lot to like (Review) , pp. 41-42
The Declassified Eisenhower, by Blanche Wiesen Cook
- The Declassified Eisenhower by Blanche Wiesen Cook
[+] Categorical liberty (Review) , p. 43
The Freedom Principle, by Lansing R. Pollock
- The Freedom Principle by Lansing R. Pollock
[+] Rocky III, Hanky Panky, and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. (3 Reviews) , pp. 44-47
Rocky III (1982 Film), by Sylvester Stallone
- Rocky III (1982 Film) by Sylvester Stallone
- Hanky Panky (1982 Film) by Sidney Poitier
- Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982 Film) by Carl Reiner
- Midas in Reverse., pp. 48-50
The King Midases in Washington want to solve the "energy crisis" of cheaper oil by touc...
- Cover illustration