Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
May 1, 1979 Issue - 11 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-6
Panic on the Potomac; Passing the buck; Mideast maelstrom
Bread and Circuses
- Singing the Balanced-Budget Blues., p. 7
People want the government to stop spending so damned much money, but Congress is busy ...
- How the Small Saver Gets Screwed., pp. 8-9
Federal regulations prevent the small saver from earning the full market return on his ...
- Poisoning SALT, pp. 10-12
Are hidden scriptwriters at work, trying to undermine the SALT treaty with unanswerable...
- The Cold War Comes to Las Vegas, pp. 13-16
When electronic warfare specialists consort with Pentagon brass at the annual gathering...
- Don't Mess with Bill (Clements), pp. 17-19
Texas Governor William Clements began running for President the day he took office. But...
[+] Fathers and schlemiels (Review) , pp. 20-21
Good As Gold, by Joseph Heller
- Good As Gold by Joseph Heller
- Talking with Joseph Heller, pp. 22-25
[+] Bipartisan domestic policy (Review) , pp. 26-27
Spying on Americans, by Athan G. Theoharis
- Spying on Americans by Athan G. Theoharis
[+] Voice in the wilderness (Review) , pp. 28-29
The Zionist Connection, by Alfred M. Lilienthal
- The Zionist Connection by Alfred M. Lilienthal
[+] Norma Rae and The China Syndrome. (2 Reviews) , pp. 30-34
Norma Rae (1979 Film), by Martin Ritt
- Norma Rae (1979 Film) by Martin Ritt
- The China Syndrome (1979 Film) by James Bridges