The Harpers Monthly Archives
The Harpers Monthly • 159 Years, 1,819 Issues, 37,049 Articles, 242,748pp
January 1974 Issue - 21 Articles
- Wraparound, pp. 3-13
- Impeachment: An Instrument of Regeneration, pp. 14-23
In we want to impeach the President, we need not prove he committed a crime
- A Clue to the Primordial Cloud, pp. 24-27
The comet with a name like an Egyptian princess's will be here today, gone for the next...
- Prufrock with a Baedeker, pp. 28-34
Only the dead know St. Louis
- Performing Arts: The Bootleg Blues, pp. 35-40
The feds v. Rubber Dubber Records
- Countersigns, p. 41
- The Arabian Fantasy, pp. 42-54
Whatever the reasons for the oil crisis, they have relatively little to do with Arabs i...
- Pyramids for Minnesota, p. 55
A darned good idea for the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes
- The Censors of Bumbledom, pp. 56-65
How the government plans to snatch victory from the jaws of its defeat in the Pentagon ...
- Death of Lovers, p. 66
- Like This, p. 66
- Petunia, Stay, p. 66
- Poem, pp. 66-67
- Voyage of the Psychenauts, pp. 68-75
Exploring the "other realities" that lie beyond the threshold of everyday consciousness
- A Variety of Religious Experience, pp. 76-80
A story story
- Commentary, pp. 81-82
- A Design for an Anytime, Do-It-Yourself, Energy-Free Communication Device, pp. 83-86
[+] Winter Meons (2 Reviews) , pp. 87-90
Notes from a Bottle Found on the Beach at Carmel, by Evan S. Connell, Jr.
- Notes from a Bottle Found on the Beach at Carmel by Evan S. Connell, Jr.
- Points for a Compass Rose by Evan S. Connell, Jr.
- Letters, pp. 91-92
- Wraparound, pp. 93-100
- Game, pp. 101-104