The Harpers Monthly Archives
The Harpers Monthly • 159 Years, 1,819 Issues, 37,049 Articles, 242,748pp
April 1974 Issue - 18 Articles
- Whole Earth Epilog, pp. 3-11
- About This Issue, pp. 12-13
- Goodbye, Colorado, pp. 14-23
The new settlers of one of our last frontiers are turning it into a replica of what the...
- Hard Times at the Th Ns news, pp. 24-25
If a Greek paper prints anything less innocuous than soccer news, it may not print anot...
- privacies of Life, pp. 26-46
The Supreme Court peers into the Constitution and discovers a new right to personal hap...
- The Scarcity Society, pp. 47-64
If we mismanage our natural resources, we may run low on liberty as well
- Winning Hearts and Minds in South Carolina, pp. 65-73
William Westmoreland turns to politics and finally spots the light at the end of the tu...
- The Fatalist, pp. 74-77
A short story
- The Good Ole Boy, pp. 78-82
His habitat may be the South, but this species can be found anywehre
- African Journey, pp. 83-89
A novelist's view of a prehistoric and extravagant world
- Commentary, pp. 90-93
[+] Books: Self-Expression and Other Vices of Style (Review) , pp. 94-97
Style: An Anti-Textbook, by Richard A. Lanham
- Style: An Anti-Textbook by Richard A. Lanham
- An Exemplary Life, pp. 98-99
- Systems Within System, pp. 100-101
- Letters, pp. 102-103
- Game, p. 104
- The CoEvolution Quarterly, pp. 105-112
- Classified, pp. 113-116