The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
August 1997 Issue - 21 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 458-459
- The Pine Barrens Parousia: A Reporter's Notebook, pp. 460-461
Feisty landowners fight land-Use regulation on Long Island.
- Transfer of Development Rights: Top-Down Planning in Disguise, pp. 462-464
Beware "market-based" or "market-oriented" regulatory schemes.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 465-466
Deregulation: Coming to a Utility Near You
- Government Funding for Not Training Doctors: Another Odd Program, pp. 467-468
An idea as flawed as agricultural subsidies.
- Fore: Watch Out for Government Golf!, pp. 469-471
What's wrong with amateur golf-And what could go wrong with pro golf.
- Henry Grady Weaver's Classic Vision of Freedom, pp. 472-476
Honoring the fiftieth-Anniversary edition of the mainspring of Human Progress.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 477-478
Is Voluntarism Enough?
- "From Small Beginnings": The Road To Genocide, pp. 479-481
How the German medical profession came under the total domination of the Nazi regime.
- Government: An Ideal Concept-Leonard Read's Formula for Freedom, pp. 482-487
Reassessing a classic.
- Why Managed Trade Is Not Free Trade, pp. 488-490
A crucial distinction.
- One Life for Liberty, pp. 491-495
The story of Nathan Hale.
- Anne Robert Jacques Turgot, Who First Put Laissez-Faire Principles into Action, pp. 496-507
A champion of religious toleration, free expression, sound money, and prudent government.
- Economics on Trial, pp. 508-510
Has Capitalism Failed of Succeeded? The Table of Two Graphs
The Undiscountable Professor Kirzner
- A look at Israel Kirzner's Essays on Capital and Interest., pp. 511-513
[+] Review Red Flag Over Hong Kong, by Bruce Bueno de Mes... (Review) , p. 514
- Red Flag Over Hong Kong by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, David Newman, and Alvin Rabushka, ...
[+] Review Facts, Not Fear, by Michael Sanera and Jane S.... (Review) , p. 515
- Facts, Not Fear by Michael Sanera and Jane S. Shaw
[+] Review Up from Poverty, by Hans F. Sennholz (Review) , p. 516
- Up from Poverty by Hans F. Sennholz
[+] Review Libertarianism: A Primer, by David Boaz (Review) , p. 517
- Libertarianism: A Primer by David Boaz
[+] Review Epitaph for American Labor, by Max Green (Review) , p. 518
- Epitaph for American Labor by Max Green
- Notes from Fee
Coercivists and Voluntarists