The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
July 1996 Issue - 21 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 474-475
- Restoring Parental Responsibility for Education, pp. 476-479
The case for separating school and state.
- How to Separate School and State: A Primer, pp. 480-485
A principled, practical guide to restoring parental sovereignty.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 486-487
Mixing Public and Private
- The Spread of Education Before Compulsion: Britain and America in the Nineteenth Century, pp. 488-493
A look at the historical record.
- Education: What About the Poor?, pp. 494-496
Freeing the market would expand educational opportunities for everyone-especially lower...
- Teachers Unions: Are the Schools Run for Them?, pp. 497-500
Organized labor's increasing clout in the classroom and in the political arena.
- Government Licensing: The Enemy of Employment, pp. 501-503
Bureaucratic control stifles entrepreneurship and blocks employment opportunities.
- When Entrepreneurs Become Victims, pp. 504-506
The FTC versus "Hooked on Phonics."
- Liberty and Responsibility: Inseparable Ideals, pp. 507-509
The virtues of purposeful self-direction.
- Rejecting Responsibility, pp. 510-512
Much of the political strife we face today would end if individuals stopped expecting o...
- The Virtues of Competition, pp. 513-516
The vital connection between performance and revenue.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 517-519
Private Prejudice, Private Remedy
- Alexis de Tocqueville: How People Gain Liberty and Lose It, pp. 520-526
A gentleman-scholar-and one of the world's great prophets.
Economics on Trial
- How Real Is the Asian Economic Miracle?, pp. 527-529
[+] Review The Lost City, by Alan Ehrenhalt (Review) , p. 530
- The Lost City by Alan Ehrenhalt
[+] Review Hazardous to Our Health? FDA Regulation of Hea... (Review) , p. 531
- Hazardous to Our Health? FDA Regulation of Health Care Products by Robert Higgs, Ronald W. Hansen, and Paul H. Rubin, ...
[+] Review A History of the Mount Pelerin Society, by R.M... (Review) , p. 532
- A History of the Mount Pelerin Society by R.M. Hartwell
[+] Review An Endless Series of Hobgoblins, by Eric W. Hagen (Review) , pp. 533-534
- An Endless Series of Hobgoblins by Eric W. Hagen
[+] Review Human Action, by Ludwig Von Mises (Review) , p. 535
- Human Action by Ludwig Von Mises
- Notes from Fee
Jobs and Trade