The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1996 Issue - 26 Articles
- Perspective, p. 67
- How High a Price for Civilization?, pp. 68-69
How much government spending is actually necessary?
- Original Intent and the Income Tax, pp. 70-71
Today's heavy progressive levies barely resemble the 1913 rates.
- Taking Taxes: The Case for Invalidating the Welfare State, pp. 72-74
An appeal to constitutional principle.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 75-76
The Perversion of Economic Development
- Does Big Mean Bad? the Economic Power of Corporations, pp. 77-79
Answering a common criticism of capitalism.
- Virtual Liberty, pp. 80-82
How liberty and technology reinforce each other.
- No, Fred, There Is No Free Enterprise-At Least Not Here, pp. 83-84
State government versus the entrepreneur.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 85-87
- Cultivating Dissent: Wetlands Regulators Down on the Farm, pp. 88-90
A Pennsylvania farmer battles bureaucrats to save his family's livelihood.
- Is Social Security Pro-Family?, pp. 91-92
Encouraging fulfillment of private obligations is the only way to fortify the family.
- Increasing Access to Pharmaceuticals, pp. 93-97
Choice and competition are the keys to finding solutions for our health-care problems.
- Freedom, Militias, and the Violence Inherent in the System, pp. 98-99
Focusing on root causes.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 100-101
...Paved with Good Intentions
- War and Liberty in American History, pp. 102-108
Why war is always inimical to the Republic.
- Victor Hugo-Liberty and Justice for All, pp. 109-115
The inspiring life of the author of Les Miserables.
Economics on Trial
- Another Shocking Reversal in Macroeconomics, pp. 116-118
[+] Review The Freedom Revolution, by Dick Armey (Review) , p. 119
- The Freedom Revolution by Dick Armey
[+] Review Bioethics-Opportunities, Risks, and Ethics, by... (Review) , pp. 119-120
- Bioethics-Opportunities, Risks, and Ethics by Robert K. Oldham
[+] Review Japan: Who Governs?, by Chalmers A. Johnson (Review) , p. 121
- Japan: Who Governs? by Chalmers A. Johnson
[+] Review Guns, Crime, and Freedom, by Wayne R. LaPierre (Review) , p. 122
- Guns, Crime, and Freedom by Wayne R. LaPierre
[+] Review Risk, by John Adams (Review) , pp. 123-124
- Risk by John Adams
[+] Review From Here to Economy, by Todd G. Buchholz (Review) , p. 125
- From Here to Economy by Todd G. Buchholz
[+] Review Private Rights and Public Illusions, by Tibor ... (Review) , p. 126
- Private Rights and Public Illusions by Tibor Machan
[+] Review Land Rights, by Bruce Yandle (Review) , p. 127
- Land Rights by Bruce Yandle
- Notes from Fee