The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
May 1995 Issue - 23 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 274-275
- Henry Hazlitt: Journalist of the Century, pp. 276-281
The inspiring legacy of "the economic conscience of our country and our nation."
- H. G. Wells in Russia, pp. 282-287
Remembering Well's long-forgotten 1920 book, Russia in the Shadows.
- "Zero Inflation": A Flawed Ideal, pp. 288-289
Proponents presume a stationary economy
- Pearl Jam vs. Ticketmaster: A Holy War on Reality, pp. 290-293
Rock bands, middlemen, and ticket prices.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 294-295
The Right Direction for Welfare Reform
- Spending Money Freely, pp. 296-299
There is more at stake in electronic funds transfer than simply convenient payment meth...
- Phones and Freedom, pp. 300-303
In telecommunications as elsewhere, a free market is the most fertile arena for human p...
- Live Freely, Live Longer, pp. 304-306
Liberating life extension research from growing government control.
- Two Insights for Business Ethics, pp. 307-308
Individual rights and human moral well-being
- Rights versus "Rights", pp. 309-310
Exploring the nature of negative and positive rights.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 311-312
In Praise of Pain
- Bilingual by Choice, pp. 313-315
Parents, not government, should determine the language training of children.
- Rolling Back the Imperial Congress, pp. 316-317
Free markets and limited government are the key to prosperity.
- John Stuart Mill's Immortal Case for Toleration, pp. 318-321
The legacy of On Liberty.
- The Story of a Movement, pp. 322-326
Karen Vaughn's Austrian Economics in America
Economics on Trial
- Did the Gold Standard Cause the Great Depression?, pp. 327-328
[+] Review Hayek on Hayek, by Stephen Kresge, Leif Wener,... (Review) , p. 329
- Hayek on Hayek by Stephen Kresge, Leif Wener, and F.A. Hayek
[+] Review The New Unionism in the New Society, by Leo Troy (Review) , pp. 330-331
- The New Unionism in the New Society by Leo Troy
[+] Review Race and Culture: A World View, by Thomas Sowell (Review) , pp. 332-333
- Race and Culture: A World View by Thomas Sowell
[+] Review Education and the State, by E.G. West, Arthur ... (Review) , p. 334
- Education and the State by E.G. West, Arthur Seldon, and Myron Lieberman
- Letters to the Editor, p. 335
- Notes Form Fee