The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
June 1995 Issue - 27 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 338-339
- Knowledge, Ignorance, and Government Schools, pp. 340-342
Educational planners simply cannot know what the market will reveal through the competi...
- History of the Voucher Idea, pp. 343-345
Thomas Paine, John Stuart Mill, and other early proponents of vouchers.
- Vouchers: Politically Correct Money, pp. 346-353
The crucial relationship between moral authority, legal authority, and economic authority.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 354-355
Destruction Is No Blessing
- Capitalism Is Merciless-to Capitalists, pp. 356-359
No matter how much they might try, capitalists cannot repeal the laws of markets.
- Lessons from a Year in Romania, pp. 360-362
The importance of prices, property rights, and entrepreneurship.
- Why Socialism Failed, pp. 363-366
Socialism's fatal flaw: it ignores incentives.
- The New Nihilism, pp. 367-370
The terror culture's war on civilization
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 371-372
The "Root causes" of Crime
- A Walk on the Supply Side, pp. 373-378
An in-depth examination of supply-side economics.
- The Minimum Wage Law, pp. 379-381
The pernicious effects of misguided legislation
- The Mushroom Wars, pp. 382-383
A new "tragedy of the commons."
- Richard Cobden's Triumphant Crusade for Free Trade and Peace, pp. 384-388
A peaceful revolutionary remembered.
- If It Ain't Broke-Don's Regulate It, pp. 389-392
Reducing the burden of government regulation.
- Freedom, Efficiency, and The New York Post, pp. 393-394
Some thoughts on the role of the entrepreneur.
- Economic on Trial, pp. 395-396
$4000 a Month from Social Security?
A Reviewer Remembered
- John Chamberlain(1903-1995), p. 397
[+] Review All the Trouble in the World, by P.J. O'Rourke (Review) , p. 398
- All the Trouble in the World by P.J. O'Rourke
[+] Review On Looking Into the Abyss, by Gertrude Himmelfarb (Review) , pp. 399-400
- On Looking Into the Abyss by Gertrude Himmelfarb
[+] Review Inflation is Theft, (Review) , p. 401
- Inflation is Theft
[+] Review In Defense of Advertising, by Jerry Kirkpatrick (Review) , p. 402
- In Defense of Advertising by Jerry Kirkpatrick
[+] Review Liberty Against Power, by Joan K. Taylor, Thom... (Review) , pp. 403-404
- Liberty Against Power by Joan K. Taylor, Thomas Szasz, and Roy A. Childs
[+] Review Liberalism, Conservatism, and Catholicism, by ... (Review) , p. 405
- Liberalism, Conservatism, and Catholicism by Stephen M. Krason
[+] Review Civil Wrongs, by Steven Yates (Review) , pp. 406-407
- Civil Wrongs by Steven Yates
[+] Review Princess Navina Visits Nueva Malvolia, by Coun... (Review) , p. 408
- Princess Navina Visits Nueva Malvolia by Count Nef and Diana Reid
- Notes from Fee