The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
May 1994 Issue - 16 Articles
- Lodge Doctors and the Poor, pp. 220-225
A look at the "lodge practice evil" and medical care before the Welfare State, 1900-1930
- A Feminist Lesson from Economics, pp. 226-230
Women and the " knowledge problem."
- The Incredible Ticket Machine, pp. 231-235
Are computerized reservation systems a threat to competition in the airline industry?
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 236-237
- The Moral Consequences of Paternalism, pp. 238-240
Why we should reject government's offer to lend us a helping hand.
- The Past Is Prologue, pp. 241-243
What happened when the Planners came to Our City.
- King Charles's Ax: Property Rights, Human Freedom, and the Quality of Life, pp. 244-250
Property rights are not human right; they are the human right.
- Owls, Ferrets, and Free Markets, pp. 251-252
Batting the bureaucrats who seek to regulate every fact of the environment.
- Post-Communist Traumas East and West, pp. 253-255
Few people in the West seem to fully appreciate just how horrible the soviet experiment...
- The Economic Way of Thinking, Part 8, pp. 256-258
Dr, Nash concludes his series with thoughts on the importance of asking what the long-t...
- Lending Discrimination: The Unending Search, pp. 259-262
Recent regulatory follies
- --- by Mark Skousen, pp. 263-265
[+] Review Monetary Policy in the united States, by Richa... (Review) , p. 266
- Monetary Policy in the united States by Richard H. Timberlake
[+] Review Cities without Suburbs, by David Rusk (Review) , pp. 267-269
- Cities without Suburbs by David Rusk
[+] Review The Fortune Encyclopedia of Economics, by Davi... (Review) , pp. 270-271
- The Fortune Encyclopedia of Economics by David R. Henderson
[+] Review Playing the Field, by Charles C. Euchner (Review) , pp. 272-274
- Playing the Field by Charles C. Euchner