The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
January 1994 Issue - 17 Articles
- The Economic Way of Thinking, Part 4, pp. 4-7
An examination of capitalism, socialism, and so-called mixed economies.
- Mr. Dickens Was Right, pp. 8-12
The sad state of the law in twentieth-century america.
- Should the Government Kill People to Protect Their Health?, pp. 13-17
While innovative medical goods await FDA approval, people who could have benefited from...
- What Is Government Waste?, pp. 18-19
When government tries to be all things to all people, it inevitably wastes resources.
- The Moral Aspect of the Protective Tariff, pp. 20-22
Protectionism perverts our theories of government, and introduces the idea of class enr...
- We Need Free Trade in Deed as Well as Word, pp. 23-25
Since the founding of the United States, free trade has been demoted from a central org...
- Shipwrecked in New Jersey, pp. 26-28
How the 1990 luxury tax on yachts devastated an industry.
- The Space Program: No Prize, pp. 29-31
If there is to be a true industrial revolution in space commerce, we must open new mark...
- The Best Alternative, pp. 32-33
Some helpful advice to defenders of the market.
- A Level Playing Field, pp. 34-35
By recognizing and rewarding individual differences, a free society encourages us all t...
- The Case for Homeschooling, pp. 36-39
Those who choose to teach their children at home should be free to do so.
The Politics of Power
[+] --- by John Chamberlain (Review) , p. 40
- The Politics of Power by Russell Kirk
[+] Review Green Delusions, by Martin W. Lewis (Review) , p. 41
- Green Delusions by Martin W. Lewis
[+] Review On Liberty, Society, and Politics, by William ... (Review) , p. 42
- On Liberty, Society, and Politics by William Graham Sumner and Robert C. Bannister, ...
[+] Review The Catholic Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalis... (Review) , p. 43
- The Catholic Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism by Michael Novak
[+] Review The Market, Competition and Democracy, by Stav... (Review) , pp. 44-45
- The Market, Competition and Democracy by Stavros Ioannides
[+] Review The Creators, by Daniel J. Boorstin (Review) , pp. 46-48
- The Creators by Daniel J. Boorstin