The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1994 Issue - 13 Articles
- The Economic Way of Thinking, Part 5, pp. 52-54
Understanding the importance of incentives.
- The Pharmaceutical Industry: Problem or Solution?, pp. 55-60
Before the federal government "reforms" pharmaceuticals, it needs to recognize that dru...
- Environment and Free Trade, pp. 61-65
Some after-NAFTA observations on the environmental impact of broader trade.
- Davis-Bacon: Jim Crow's Last Stand, pp. 66-70
An analysis of the continuing discriminatory effects of the Davis-Bacon act.
- Federal Transit Subsidies: How Government Investment Harms the U.S. Economy, pp. 71-74
A case study
- Private Highways in America, 1792-1916, pp. 75-79
Knowledge of our toll-Road heritage may help encourage today's budding toll-road movement.
- Human Rights Around the Globe, p. 80
Some philosophical observations on rights, freedom, and cultural differences.
- Jury Nullification: Cornerstone of Freedom, pp. 81-82
Today's jury system bears little resemblance to the system established by the Founding ...
- The Unseen Costs of Family Leave, pp. 83-84
The Family and Medical Leave Act has, in effect, increased the costs of hiring women.
- School Violence, pp. 85-90
Can safety and security be restored?
The New York Asbestos Debacle
- Environmental hysteria in the nation's largest public school system., pp. 91-92
[+] Review The Rise and Fall of Leftist Radicalism in Ame... (Review) , p. 93
- The Rise and Fall of Leftist Radicalism in America by Edward Walter
[+] Review A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System, b... (Review) , pp. 94-98
- A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System by Michael D. Bordo and Barry J. Eichengreen