The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
August 1994 Issue - 22 Articles
- Reforming America's Medical System Through Deregulation, pp. 396-404
Real solutions to America's medical care problems.
- Is Canadian Health Care a Good Model for the U.S. to Follow?, pp. 405-407
Cautions from the director of The Fraser Institute.
- If You Build It, They Will Come, pp. 408-409
Medi-Cal built it, advertised it, and they came... in droves.
- Environmental Regulation: Just as Bad as Any Other, pp. 410-412
The benefits of establishing new property rights to natural resources.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 413-414
The Power of Positive Example
- At Home, But Hardly Alone, pp. 415-416
The growth of homeschooling.
- The Natural Disaster Protection Act: A Disaster Waiting to Happen, pp. 417-420
Moving further down "the road to serfdom."
- Free Markets and Externalities: The Symmetry of Unintended Effects, pp. 421-425
Environmental ideology and regulation often overlook the beneficial effects of industri...
- Labor Cartels, Competition, and Government, pp. 426-428
Even the efforts of friends in high places will not rescue unions.
- One Information Superhighway: Take It or Leave It?, pp. 429-430
The dangers of centralized control of information networks.
- Houston Says No to Zoning, pp. 431-435
A victory for individual rights.
- The Case Against Managed "Fair" Trade and Strategic Trade, pp. 436-442
A refutation of popular nostrums.
- Get a Grip, Garth!, pp. 443-444
The economics of selling used CDs.
- Why Old Proverbs Don't Apply Anymore, pp. 445-446
Homespun wisdom comes unraveled.
- Some International Neglect Would Be Good for Africa, pp. 447-450
Economic and political benefits.
- Eating the Seed Corn, pp. 451-452
You can't consume something that hasn't been produced.
- Pensiongate: The Emerging Crisis of Church Investments, pp. 453-454
The meager harvest of "socially responsible" investing.
- Do English Cathedrals Need Government Help?, pp. 455-456
Voluntary action can perform the kind of public service we often leave to government.
Correction, Please! What's Missing from This Picture?
- --- by Mark Skousen, pp. 457-459
[+] Review Bargaining With the State, by Richard A. Epstein (Review) , p. 460
- Bargaining With the State by Richard A. Epstein
[+] Review Public Education: An Autopsy, by Myron Lieberman (Review) , pp. 461-462
- Public Education: An Autopsy by Myron Lieberman
[+] Review The Endangered American Dream, by Edward Luttwak (Review) , pp. 463-466
- The Endangered American Dream by Edward Luttwak