The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
November 1993 Issue - 12 Articles
- The Economic Way of Thinking, Part 2
Ronald Nash, pp. 412-415
The importance of subjective valuation in economics.
- National Health Care: Medicine in Germany 1918-1945
Marc S. Micozzi, M.D., pp. 416-420
Increased involvement of the German government in funding health care and medical resea...
- Medicine and the Welfare State
Melchior Palyi, pp. 421-430
The march of authoritarian medicine from Bismarck and Lenin to the modern welfare state.
- What Hunger Insurance Could Teach Us About Health Insurance
Joseph Bast, pp. 431-434
An exercise in imagination helps to explain why we spend so much on health care.
- The Freeway To Serfdom
Jane M. Orient, M.D., p. 435
Pleas for "comprehensive health care reform" to "Insure Universal access" signal danger.
- The Consequences of Managed Competition
Vincent W. Cangello, M.D., pp. 436-437
Limiting the physician's option to refer patients to specialists points the way to lowe...
- The Coming Financial Collapse of Social Security
Peter J. Ferrara, pp. 438-447
The Social Security trust funds are essentially a sham that cannot assure future financ...
The Politics of the "Fair Share"
- What will be everyone's "fair share" of judgment when the process of political theft produces economic disaster?
Gary North, pp. 448-451
[+] Review Social Security, by A. Haeworth Robertson (Review)
John Attarian, p. 452
- Social Security by A. Haeworth Robertson
[+] Review Mises, by Bettina Bien Greaves (Review)
Israel M. Kirzner, pp. 453-454
- Mises by Bettina Bien Greaves
[+] Review The Ruling Class, by Eric Felten (Review)
Peter F. Steele, p. 455
- The Ruling Class by Eric Felten
[+] Review Prosperity Versus Planning, by David Osterfeld (Review)
William H. Peterson, pp. 455-456
- Prosperity Versus Planning by David Osterfeld