The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
August 1993 Issue - 13 Articles
- The New Industrial Policy, pp. 292-300
Timely lessons from previous industrial policies.
- National Service: Utopias Revisited, pp. 301-305
William James, Randolph Bourne, Robert McNamara, and Margaret Mead all advocated servic...
- Paying Bureaucracies to Run Amok, pp. 306-308
Why bureaucracies grow.
- Are Americans Overfed?, pp. 309-310
Statistics can be deceptive.
- The Benefits of Variation, pp. 311-312
The world benefits enormously from variation.
- Cheap Capitalism, pp. 313-314
It takes a rich capitalist country to give cheapness real meaning.
- For Your Own Good, p. 315
The case against the president's council on Physical Fitness.
- Parents and Government, pp. 316-317
Parents have abdicated responsibility for their children.
- Raising Taxes Stifles Initiative-Invisibly, pp. 318-319
An example of the Unseen effects of high taxes.
- The Route to 9066, pp. 320-321
The desire for cultural diversity may be a disguised form of racism.
[+] From Marx to Mises: A Review Essay (Review) , pp. 322-325
A critique of David Ramsay Steele's new book.
- From Marx to Mises by David Ramsay Steele
[+] --- by John Chamberlain (Review) , p. 326
- Costly Returns by James L. Payne
[+] Review Visions Upon the Land, by Karl Hess, Jr. (Review) , pp. 327-328
- Visions Upon the Land by Karl Hess, Jr.