The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
March 1992 Issue - 13 Articles
- The Shoemaker of Los Banos, pp. 92-95
How Bill Detzer made the most of a tiny corner of freedom in a Japanese prison camp.
- What Does Affirmative Action Affirm?, pp. 96-99
In search of "Victims," "Perpetrators," and common sense.
- The Gender Gap, pp. 100-103
Is there a growing solidarity of women voters?
- The Illusion That's the Welfare State, pp. 104-106
Social democracy will not cure the ills of post-Soviet eastern Europe.
- Why Socialism Causes Pollution, pp. 107-112
Socialism, not free enterprise, poses the greater threat to the environment.
- Why Perestroika Failed, pp. 113-114
Economic reform cannot be effected by inconsistent and incoherent half-Measures.
- Czechoslovakia on the Hudson, pp. 115-117
Some reminders of home on the sidewalks of Sazava, Brno, and Prague.
- Human Rights, Animal Rights, and Friends of the Earth, pp. 118-119
An odious and insidious clash between government and society.
- A Species Worth Preserving, pp. 120-121
Environmentalists who are willing to bear the costs of their actions.
Sports: The Great American Surrogate
- What government has taken away, the Yankees, Bears, and Lakers have put back., pp. 122-123
[+] Review Galileo's Revenge, by Peter William Huber (Review) , p. 124
- Galileo's Revenge by Peter William Huber
[+] Review Reflections of an Affirmative Action Baby, by ... (Review) , pp. 125-126
- Reflections of an Affirmative Action Baby by Stephen L. Carter
[+] Review Adam Smith and Modern Economics, by Edwin G. West (Review) , pp. 127-128
- Adam Smith and Modern Economics by Edwin G. West