The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1990 Issue - 10 Articles
- The Writings of Adam Smith, pp. 44-46
Remembering the author of The Wealth of Nations.
- The Other Side of Adam Smith, pp. 47-49
A careful reading of The Theory of Moral Sentiments yields some surprises.
- Soviet Admissions: Communism Doesn't Work, pp. 50-56
Economic self-criticism in the age of glasnost.
- America Needs Organic Farming-And Pesticides, pp. 57-58
Caution: Government intervention into farming can be hazardous to economic decision-mak...
- Crop Controls and Indian Raids in Colonial Virginia, pp. 59-60
Additional costs of production arise to eliminate the benefits of crop restrictions to ...
- The Failures and Fallacies of Foreign Aid, pp. 61-71
What are the results of foreign "aid"?
- Progressivism Comes to Houston, pp. 72-75
A growing acceptance of controls on private property is paving the way for comprehensiv...
- The Flag and Freedom: Which Should We Protect?, p. 76
Upholding the principles of individual liberty that the flag is supposed to symbolize.
- Readers' Forum, p. 77
[+] Book Reviews (2 Reviews) , pp. 78-80
The Secret of American Success, by Ndabaningi Sithole
- The Secret of American Success by Ndabaningi Sithole
- Opening Up the Soviet Economy by Jerry F. Hough