The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
July 1988 Issue - 15 Articles
- The Wall Street Journal's Second Language, pp. 252-255
The moving panorama of economic, business, and financial news and its universal languag...
- The Senseless Slander of Services, p. 256
In defense of the service sector.
- The Sound of the Machine, pp. 257-262
The ominous specter of state population control.
- A Strange Indifference, pp. 263-264
What happens when we don't care anymore?
- Mandated Benefits: The Firm as Social Agent of the State, pp. 265-266
Extending the reach of the welfare state.
- Bumper-Sticker Economics, pp. 267-268
Who really pays those road-use taxes?
- The Political Economy of Protectionism, pp. 269-275
The ethical and economic ramifications of stifling free trade.
- The Burden of Bureaucracy, p. 276
Fighting the war against an entrenched government "army."
- Hong Kong Reflections, pp. 277-278
What will happen to Hong Kong's free market economy-and the civil freedoms of its citiz...
- Government Regulation of Business: The Moral Arguments, pp. 279-282
Why politicians and bureaucrats should not formulate and enforce standards for conducti...
- The Rise (and Fall?) of the Video Store, pp. 283-285
Library loans of video-taped movies pose s threat to private suppliers.
Paradoxical Taxi Fares
- Supply and demand at work, p. 286
[+] Review Capitalism for Kids, by Karl Hess (Review) , p. 287
- Capitalism for Kids by Karl Hess
[+] Review The New China, by Alvin Rabushka (Review) , p. 287
- The New China by Alvin Rabushka
[+] Review Right Minds, by Gregory Wolfe (Review) , pp. 288-290
- Right Minds by Gregory Wolfe