The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
March 1980 Issue - 10 Articles
- Two Kinds of Sabotage, pp. 131-133
Market disruptions may be as destructive as terrorist bombs.
- The Outcome of the Income Tax, pp. 134-140
A historical review of the graduated income tax and today's consequences in the U.S.
- Government Regulation of Mass Media Communication, pp. 141-146
Study questions for the national college debate topic
- How to Produce Human Beings, pp. 147-150
It is human nature to respond to incentives and to penalties.
- Inflation, pp. 151-163
To avoid the ravages of inflation requires withdrawing from government the power to cre...
- The Rotting Fabric of Trust, pp. 164-165
When government debases the currency, fear displaces trust and lowers the level of living.
- Witch-Hunting for Robber Barons: The Standard Oil Story, pp. 166-175
A review of the monopoly charges and antitrust action against Standard Oil.
- The Invisible Hand-1980, pp. 176-179
The profit motive is a great civilizer, peacefully and harmoniously promoting human int...
Justice and Freedom
- "To live honestly, to hurt no one, to give every one his due., pp. 180-188
[+] Review Reflections on History, by Jacob Burckhardt (Review) , pp. 189-192
- Reflections on History by Jacob Burckhardt