The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
August 1980 Issue - 11 Articles
- International Terrorism: The Deadliest Plague, pp. 451-458
Virulent ideas sown in a susceptible populace can produce deadly plagues.
- Spending Limits Are Not Enough, pp. 459-462
Reduced spending and taxation should enable government to function more appropriately.
- Totalitarian Collectivism in America, pp. 463-469
How freedom is lost to the two great political deceptions of mass equality and mass wel...
- The Imitation of England, pp. 470-483
The United States has followed the path toward socialism as first trod by England.
- Idealism and Students, pp. 484-485
A professor urges students to choose careers in the business of serving others within t...
- The Sphere of Government Nineteenth Century Theories: 2. Herbert Spencer, pp. 486-492
In the contest of man versus the state, a call for laissez faire.
- Facing the Moral Attack on Capitalism, pp. 493-498
Government-enforced "social justice" leads to inequalities.
- Follow the Leader?, pp. 499-501
Individual ethics as the alternative to the tryanny of mass movements.
Knowledge and Decisions
- An article-Review of the book by Professor Thomas Sowell., pp. 502-507
[+] Review The World in the Grip of An Idea, by Clarence ... (Review) , pp. 508-510
- The World in the Grip of An Idea by Clarence B. Carson
[+] Review Free to Choose, by Milton Friedman and Rose Fr... (Review) , pp. 511-512
- Free to Choose by Milton Friedman and Rose Friedman