The Claremont Review of Books Archives
The Claremont Review of Books • 11 Years, 32 Issues, 803 Articles, 1,872pp
Winter 2001 Issue - 21 Articles
[+] Wake-up Call (Review) , p. 4
While America Sleeps, by Donald Kagan and Frederick W. Kagan
- While America Sleeps by Donald Kagan and Frederick W. Kagan
[+] Beyond the Evil Empire (Review) , p. 5
Present Dangers, by Robert Kagan and William Kristol
- Present Dangers by Robert Kagan and William Kristol
[+] Settling Up (3 Reviews) , p. 6
The Debt, by Randall N. Robinson
- The Debt by Randall N. Robinson
- The Guilt of Nations by Elazar Barkan
- When Sorry Isn't Enough by Roy L. Brooks
[+] Will The Real 'New Democrats' Please Stand Up? (2 Reviews) , p. 7
The Gentleman from New York, by Godfrey Hodgson
- The Gentleman from New York by Godfrey Hodgson
- Henry M. Jackson: A Life in Politics by Robert G. Kaufman
[+] A Plea for Pandering (Review) , p. 8
Politicians Don't Pander, by Lawrence R. Jacobs and Robert Y. Shapiro
- Politicians Don't Pander by Lawrence R. Jacobs and Robert Y. Shapiro
[+] Lone Wolfe (Review) , p. 9
Hooking Up, by Tom Wolfe
- Hooking Up by Tom Wolfe
[+] Restoring Order to the Court (2 Reviews) , p. 9
Freedom of Expression in the Supreme Court, by Terry Eastland
- Freedom of Expression in the Supreme Court by Terry Eastland
- Great Cases In Constitutional Law by Robert P. George
- Aristotle and Locke in the American Founding, pp. 10-11
Harry V. Jaffa on what Crisis of the House Divided and A New Birth of Freedom have in c...
- The Perfect Tie, pp. 12-14
Remember all that talk a few years ago about political realignment? Well, the realignme...
- As the College Goes, So Goes the Constitution, p. 15
The case against the direct election of the President.
What the 20th Century Can Teach the 21st
- On Political Biography, p. 16
- On Literature , p. 17
- On Science , p. 17
- On Jurisprudence , p. 18
- On American History , p. 18
- On Political Philosophy , p. 18
- On War , p. 19
- On Ancient History , pp. 19-20
- The Spectacle of the Oscars, p. 21
It's always dangerous to ascribe conservatism to a Hollywood product. But what the hec...
- Ken Burns Ain't Got That Swing, pp. 21-22
"Jazz," the 10-part documentary, views America's music through the prism of race. And t...
- The Cocktail Hour: Do's and Don'ts, pp. 23-24
There are precisely two cocktails...and three abominations.