California Political Review Archives
California Political Review • 21 Years, 106 Issues, 1,580 Articles, 4,252pp
Mar/Apr 1997 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, p. 2
- Sacramento Spectator, p. 3
- Education, p. 4
- The Front Line, pp. 5-6
- The Law, pp. 7-8
- Midnight Economist, pp. 9-10
- The Working Press, pp. 11-12
- Why Race Doesn't Matter, pp. 13-14
Ideology, political expediency, professional competence, professional incompetence, ava...
- Cover Article: California's Heartless Welfare System, pp. 15-17
Reform requires renewal of the spirit -- and an occasional glance at a dictionary. (Web...
- Prisoners' Rough Road to God, p. 18
Think prison inmates enjoy normal religious freedom? Think again.
- Rewarded For Failure: California's Bilingual Education, pp. 19-20
A school board member "followed the money" -- and found, surprise!, another classic boo...
- Advancing with CCRI, pp. 21-22
A Proposition 209 vice-chairman sees a protracted battle -- political and moral -- lead...
- Plot Thickens in the Dornan/Sanchez Race, pp. 23-24
Hermandad -- used to lecturing others about "rights" -- shows its own idea of democrati...
- The Law of La-La Land, pp. 25-26
The Dreaded Graffiti Menace makes a surprise visit to Venice.
Arts & Culture
- Criticus, pp. 27-29
Homage a Leni -- as in Riefenstahl, Hitler's controversial filmmaker who set the stage ...
[+] Book Reviews (3 Reviews) , pp. 30-31
Civil War Bonanza
- Don't Know Much About the Civil War by Kenneth C. Davis
- Gods and Generals by Jeff Shaara
- Chancellorsville by Stephen W. Sears
- Arts, Culture, Leisure, pp. 32-35
Treats for the ear, eyes, and palate