California Political Review Archives
California Political Review • 21 Years, 106 Issues, 1,580 Articles, 4,252pp
Sep/Oct 1996 Issue - 19 Articles
- Correspondence, p. 2
- Sacramento Spectator, p. 3
- The Law, pp. 4-5
- Midnight Economist, p. 6
- The Working Press, pp. 7-8
- Left Behind, pp. 9-10
Why even Todd Gitlin, an unrepentant founding member of the 1960s' "New Left," now admi...
- Cover Article: Stretch Run to November, pp. 11-14
CPR's elections expert, looking at state and federal races, sees Party morale -- transl...
- The California Dream, pp. 15-16
Continued from CPR's July/August issue. Conclusion: Californians prepare to reform a me...
Response to The Court's War on the Family
- --- by Dr. L.P. Arnn, p. 17
- --- by Gary L. Bauer, p. 17
- --- by Hon. Rob Hurtt, p. 18
- --- by Gideon Kanner, p. 18
- --- by Gary Kreep, p. 18
- --- by Hon. Alister McAlister, p. 18
- --- by William Rusher, p. 19
- --- by Hon. Bruce Thompson, p. 19
- Conservative Classics Jargon Not Argument, pp. 20-21
Master Screwtape's advice remains strikingly contemporary -- just ask Bill Press.
Arts & Culture
[+] Criticus (Review) , pp. 22-24
Dog Days -- Yes, John Schlesinger's "Cold Comfort Farm" is polished, slick, and richly ...
- Cold Comfort Farm (1995 Film) by John Schlesinger
[+] Book Review (Review) , pp. 25-30
Break These Chains: The Battle for School Choice, by Daniel McGroarty
- Break These Chains by Daniel McGroarty