Blueprint/The New Democrat Archives
Blueprint/The New Democrat • 7 Years, 27 Issues, 547 Articles, 1,760pp
Nov/Dec 2002 Issue - 24 Articles
- Editor's Note, pp. 1-3
Where We Stand
- Next Tiem: Say Something!, pp. 4-5
After a brain-dead midterm, the idea Primary can't start soon enough
New Dem Digest
- People Policy & Politics, p. 6
New Dems in the winner's circle
- Interview, p. 7
A conversation with Montgomery County Executive Doug Duncan
- People, pp. 8-9
Profiles of Congressmen Jim Davis, Ron Kind, and Adam Smith, Oklahoma State Treasurer R...
- Resources, pp. 10-11
Capsule reviews of recent books and Internet tools, and an Idea of the Week from NDOL.org
- What Works, p. 12
Integrating Emergency Response Systems
- Guest Columnist, p. 13
Looking beyond race
- Putting Politics First: The Triumph of Rovery, pp. 14-19
President Bush promised to change the tone in Washington. But Karl Rove has taught him ...
- And Now for Some Good News, pp. 20-21
A dynamic group of governors made gains nationwide
- Where's the Recovery, pp. 22-23
So far, Bushonomics has failed to provide the spark we need
- The Politics of Ideas, p. 24
The pitfalls of pre-emption
New World, New War/Special Section
- Why Saddam Should Go First, pp. 25-27
Arab-Israeli peace would be more achievable after Saddam is gone. There are four reason...
- The Middle East Democracy Deficit, pp. 28-29
Instead of supporting repressive regimes, the United States should tie aid to reforms
- Letter from Germany: They Still Don't Get It, pp. 30-31
Chancellor Schroder's election showed that Germans, and other Europeans, don't understa...
- Bad policies make bad politics, p. 32
Lessons from the Bush administration's klutzy foray into steel protectionism
- Ladders to success, pp. 33-34
Union and industry-based skills training can lift wages for the working poor
- Clear skies, cloudy climate, p. 35
Bush's plan to reduce greenhouse gases leaves out the worst pollutant, carbon dioxide. ...
- Filling the fat pipes, pp. 36-37
Congress should help stimulate demand for high speed Internet access
- The Vital Center, p. 38
The party that didn't bark
Culture & Politics
[+] Sympathy for the Devil (Review) , p. 39
- Koba the Dread by Martin Amis
[+] The Court runs amok (Review) , pp. 40-41
Narrowing the Nation's Power, by John T. Noonan, Jr.
- Narrowing the Nation's Power by John T. Noonan, Jr.
[+] Melting pot blues (2 Reviews) , pp. 42-43
Barbershop (2002 Film), by Tim Story
- Barbershop (2002 Film) by Tim Story
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002 Film) by Joel Zwick
- Political Memo, pp. 44-46
Get the big things right