The Atlantic Monthly Archives
The Atlantic Monthly • 149 Years, 1,698 Issues, 38,725 Articles, 229,903pp
July 1875 Issue - 19 Articles
- Passing the Cataract of the Nile, pp. 1-10
- Identity, p. 11
- Broke Jail, pp. 12-21
- Old Woman's Gossip, pp. 22-36
- Sonnets from over Sea, pp. 37-46
- Fancies of Spray and Petal, pp. 47-48
- Social Aspects of the German Romantic School, pp. 49-57
- Roderick Hudson, pp. 58-70
- The Russians in the East, pp. 71-77
- On Re-Reading Tennyson's Princess, p. 78
- The Battle of Bunker Hill, pp. 79-87
- Lightning and Lightning-Rods, pp. 88-91
- Washington in Cambridge, pp. 92-97
- An Obsolete Fine Gentleman, pp. 98-106
[+] --- (10 Reviews) , pp. 107-118
- Fears for Democracy by Charles Ingersoll
- Poetic Studies by Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
- Point-Lace and Diamonds by George Augustus Baker, Jr.
- Whip and Spur by George E. Waring, Jr.
- Mr. Vaughan's Heir by Frank Lee Benedict
- A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge by Lyman Abbott and T.J. Conant
- Transatlantic Sketches by Henry James, Jr.
- A Paragraph History of the United States by Edward Abbott
- Macready's Reminiscences and Selections from His Diaries and Letters by Frederick Pollock and William Charles Macready, ...
- Brief Biographies: English Statesmen by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- French and German , pp. 119-121
- Publications Received , p. 122
- Art, pp. 123-125
- Education, pp. 126-128