The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
May 2001 Issue - 28 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 4-9
- George Bush's Emergency, p. 10
The president may not think much about the stock market, but it's thinking about him
- The Galileo of Global Warming, p. 11
It's not PC to blame Mother Nature
- To Your Health?, pp. 12-13
Civilization would get nowhere without the sick
- "We're Not Very Good at Politics", pp. 14-17
Even free drugs can't buy Big Pharma love
- Your Social Justice of Your Air Conditioning, p. 18
The Big Apple ponders power plant racism
- The Cuomo Doctrine Lives, pp. 19-20
Vacant houses, bad loans: Bush's urban policy threatens the working poor
- Defunding God, p. 21
Taking the faith out of faith-based initiatives
- Just Say "Yes", pp. 22-23
In the tax plan, a presidency is at stake
- Correspondence, pp. 24-27
- The Rise of the Plutomores, pp. 28-33
Yes, the Senate is even dumber and richer than usual. Here is why.
- The Current Emergency the Coming Boom, pp. 34-53
- Don't Break Up Microstuck, pp. 54-60
The Clinton administration sought its place in history by trying to make Microsoft hist...
- Finding Al Franken, pp. 61-65
Al Franken staked his career on defending the Clintons. So when did he stop being funny?
- Opportunities, p. 66
Is PEG Leading You Astray?
- Lift Off, p. 67
Can Venture Thaw the IPO Ice Age?
- Moonshine Sonata, pp. 68-77
America was founded by people who believed in two things. alcohol and rebellion. The tr...
- Like Flying, pp. 78-83
Daniel Sprick believes that grounding his paintings in detail can make them fly.
- Mob Hit, pp. 84-88
- Ben Stein's Diary, pp. 89-92
- The Great American Saloon Series, p. 93
In The Loup
- The Talkies, pp. 94-96
You Know What I Like
[+] FDR: The War President (Review) , pp. 97-99
FDR: The War President, 1940-1943, by Kenneth Davis
- FDR: The War President, 1940-1943 by Kenneth Davis
[+] Unfree Speech: The Folly of Campaign Finance Reform (Review) , pp. 100-101
Unfree Speech, by Bradley A. Smith
- Unfree Speech by Bradley A. Smith
[+] Speaking with the Angel (Review) , pp. 102-103
Speaking with the Angel, by Nick Hornby
- Speaking with the Angel by Nick Hornby
[+] How to Hack A Party Line: The New Democrats and Silicon Valley (Review) , p. 104
How to Hack a Party Line, by Sara Miles
- How to Hack a Party Line by Sara Miles
- Current Wisdom, p. 105
Man Likes Dog
- Last Call, pp. 106-108
Once Frostbitten, Twice Shy