The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
August 1999 Issue - 24 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 8-9
- Correspondence, pp. 10-11
George W., Liddy, Commerce &c.
- On the Prowl, pp. 12-13
- Public Nuisances, pp. 14-17
Albert Inexcusable;This Is Just a Test
- Capitol Ideas, pp. 18-19
The Prophet of Profits
- Al Gore's Hit Man, pp. 20-21
The veep's campaign chairman Is a fierce partisan and masterful (if shifty) fundraiser....
- Al Gore's Loyalty Problem, pp. 22-23
The vice president wants you to know that he really, really isn't like Bill Clinton. So...
- Partners in Crime, pp. 24-31
New evidence shows the link that Republicans and Democrats have long ignores: between r...
- Dispatches from the Kosovo Front, pp. 32-39
American intervention has done wonders for the Albanian economy, the KLA, and the publi...
- The Ongoing Dissent Over TWA 800, pp. 40-45
The White House, with help from a Republican senator, is sitting on evidence that could...
- Culture Vultures, pp. 46-47
See How They Run
- Presswatch, pp. 48-49
- Constitutional Opinions, pp. 50-51
A New World Order
- Ben Stein's Diary, pp. 52-55
West Point Recognition
- The Nation's Pulse, pp. 56-57
Pay Equity Iniquity
- The Public Policy, pp. 58-59
They Couldn't SWAT a Fly
- Spectator's Journal, pp. 60-61
The D.J. of Seoul
- Politics, pp. 62-63
No Taxation via Litigation
- The Talkies, pp. 64-65
[+] Bland Ambition (Review) , pp. 66-67
Gore: A Political Life, by Bob Zelnick
- Gore: A Political Life by Bob Zelnick
[+] The Mixed Legacy of Alexander Hamilton (Review) , pp. 68-75
Alexander Hamilton: American, by Richard Brookhiser
- Alexander Hamilton: American by Richard Brookhiser
- Current Wisdom, pp. 76-77
- Last Call, pp. 78-80
It Takes a Stadium, as Told to Matthew Stevenson
- Cover illustration