The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
July 1996 Issue - 27 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 8-9
- Correspondence, pp. 10-13
- On the Prowl, pp. 14-15
- Editorials, pp. 16-19
Lady Hills;All in the Family
- Capitol Ideas, pp. 20-21
He Keeps on Ticking
- Rescue to the Christians, pp. 22-25
Why is the White house ignoring the growing persecution of Christians worldwide?
- Get Out of Town, pp. 26-29
The Yankees are all set to leave New York and no one admits the city is driving them out.
- Boy Clinton in Prague, pp. 30-35
Remember that mysterious trip Bill Clinton took behind the iron Curtain during his Oxfo...
- Here Comes the Goon Squad, pp. 36-41
You wouldn't have thought the labor Department has a nearly secret army of major thugs ...
- Where There's Smoke, There's P.J. O'Rourke, pp. 42-45
Churchillian oratory - American style - from the Oxford Union.
- Culture Vultures, pp. 46-47
All You Can't Eat
- Great American Saloons, pp. 48-49
- The Nation's Pulse, pp. 50-51
Dark Women Rule
- Presswatch, pp. 52-53
Going Over Boorda
- Ben Stein's Diary, pp. 54-58
- Russia Watch, p. 59
Run, Gorby, Run!
- Politics, pp. 60-61
Holding the House
- Arkansas Report, pp. 62-63
Who Is FBI Agent Tom Ross?
- The Public Policy, pp. 64-65
- The Talkies, pp. 66-67
Twister Act, Part Duh
[+] While the Music Lasts (Review) , pp. 68-69
While the Music Lasts, by William M. Bulger
- While the Music Lasts by William M. Bulger
[+] A Lifetime Burning in Every Moment (Review) , pp. 70-72
A Lifetime Burning in Every Moment, by Alfred Kazin
- A Lifetime Burning in Every Moment by Alfred Kazin
[+] Drawn with the Sword (Review) , pp. 73-74
Drawn with the Sword, by James M. McPherson
- Drawn with the Sword by James M. McPherson
[+] Showdown (Review) , pp. 75-83
Showdown, by Elizabeth Drew
- Showdown by Elizabeth Drew
- Current Wisdom, pp. 84-85
- Last Call, pp. 86-88
A Negative Campaigner
- Cover illustration