The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
October 1978 Issue - 18 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 2-3
- Editorial, p. 4
Henry Kissinger: Metternich Flummoxed
- The Nixon Memoirs: Some Points the Others Missed, pp. 5-7
A Special book review essay of RN: The Memoirs of Richard Nixon.
- Carter's Foreign Policy - A New World for the Russians, pp. 8-9
Fear of flying the B-1 bomber ...and of building missiles, launching ships, planning de...
- The Bitter Truth of Gossip, pp. 10-13
"To know how bad we are in the condition of mere nature is an excellent recipe for beco...
- Men without Women, pp. 14-16
Meditations on the half-life of the homosexual.
- Family Planning Made Tasteful, pp. 17-18
A note on the latex revolution
- Liberal Terror, pp. 19-20
A reply to Richard Merritt's article on German terrorism ("From Munich to Mogadishu, " ...
- The Public Policy, pp. 21-24
Controlling Rents, Razing Cities
- The Nation's Pulse, p. 25
Reporters in the Slammer
- Capitol Ideas, pp. 26-27
Dope in the White House
- Taxes: A Historical Perspective, p. 28
- The Talkies, p. 29
Woody Allen's Interiors
[+] Samuel Johnson (Review) , pp. 30-31
Samuel Johnson, by W. Jackson Bate
- Samuel Johnson by W. Jackson Bate
[+] Government by Judiciary: The Transformation of the Fourteenth Amendment (Review) , pp. 32-33
Government by Judiciary, by Raoul Berger
- Government by Judiciary by Raoul Berger
[+] A Time for Truth (Review) , pp. 34-35
A Time for Truth, by William E. Simon
- A Time for Truth by William E. Simon
- Correspondence, pp. 36-40
- Current Wisdom, pp. 41-44