The American Enterprise Archives
The American Enterprise • 10 Years, 68 Issues, 2,217 Articles, 5,684pp
July 2001 Issue - 27 Articles
- Bird's Eye, pp. 4-6
Has Slavery's Debt Been Paid?
- Sidelights, p. 7
EEOC Sued by...the EEOC? Asia Online. Taxes, Death, and Taxes.
- Scan: Short News and Commentary, pp. 8-12
The Decline of the New York Times Magazine. Selfish Techies? Pride Goeth Before a Marke...
- Forward Observer, p. 13
Free-Market Campaign Finance Reform.
- "Live" with TAE, pp. 14-17
Renowned Novelist and Political Commentator Mark Helprin Discusses Honesty, Clinton, Lo...
- Blood Money, pp. 18-21
Why I Don't Want to Be Paid for Slavery.
- A Bean-Counting Nightmare to Avoid, pp. 22-23
Does Tiger Woods Deserve a Reparations Check?
- The Poison of "I'm a Victim" Politics, pp. 24-25
Demanding Sympathy from Others Eventually Leads to Scorn and Self-Contempt.
- Death Spiral on Main Street, pp. 26-29
The Postal Service Belongs in the Postal Museum.
- Red Lights among the Ivy, pp. 30-31
The Sexualization of Everything, and We Do Mean Everything, on College Campuses.
- Campus Crusade, pp. 32-37
A Startling Boom Is Taking Place at Colleges That Try to Educate Both the Mind and the ...
- The Moral Roots of Liberty and Prosperity, pp. 38-39
Liberty Is Only Possible When Family Life Is Strong. But Families Won't Be Strong If Pe...
- Historic Preservation Goes Awry, pp. 40-43
With Increasing Frequency, Preservationists Fail to Make the Distinction between What I...
- A Patriotic Ramble, pp. 44-46
Remembering His Boyhood, a Father Introduces His Children to American History and Heroes.
- Transcript: Words Worth Repeating, p. 47
The Importance of Childhood Reading.
- In Real Life: First-Person America, p. 48
His New Gas (er, Diesel) Guzzler.
- The Economist, p. 49
The Decline and Fall of Japan's Fabled Government/Business Partnership.
- Flashback, p. 50
Salem Really did Have a witch Problem.
[+] Now Playing (Review) , p. 51
Pearl Harbor Is Shallow.
- Pearl Harbor (2001 Film) by Michael Bay
[+] Regulations That Repress (Review) , p. 52
Only One Place of Redress, by David E. Bernstein
- Only One Place of Redress by David E. Bernstein
[+] King of New York (Review) , pp. 52-53
Empire Statesman, by Robert A. Slayton
- Empire Statesman by Robert A. Slayton
[+] Remember the Alamo! (Review) , p. 54
A Line in the Sand, by Randy Roberts and James S. Olson
- A Line in the Sand by Randy Roberts and James S. Olson
[+] The '80s Viewed Rightly (Review) , pp. 54-55
Before the Storm, by Rick Perlstein
- Before the Storm by Rick Perlstein
- The Digest: Summaries of Important Research, pp. 56-59
First Amendment Against Campaign Finance Reform...the Myth of Pharmaceutical Price-Goug...
- Opinion Pulse: The Latest Survey Data, pp. 60-62
Racial Progress. Polling on Slavery Reparations. The Dope on Dope-Using.
- The Mail, p. 63
Comfortable with Mutual Nuclear Destruction. Uncomfortable with Rogue Nations and Terro...
- Last Gasp, pp. 64-66