The American Enterprise Archives
The American Enterprise • 10 Years, 68 Issues, 2,217 Articles, 5,684pp
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
November 1995 Issue - 34 Articles
- Bird's Eye, pp. 4-6
Do Religious Conservatives Have Horns?
- Sidelights, p. 7
Colin Powell on Sex...Jimmy Carter's Baby Book...Baptist Standing Ovation.
- Scan, pp. 8-17
Taiwan Is Our King of China. Charity after Welfare. James Q. Wilson on Runaway Individu...
- Indicators: Numbers Etc., pp. 18-21
Are Religious Conservatives Dangerous? Is Irreligion Dangerous? Are Americans Becoming ...
- Two Views
Abraham Foxman, pp. 22-23
Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League and Rabbi Daniel Lapin debate whether Chri...
- Religious Conservatives Up Close I, pp. 24-28
Personal Profiles Ranging from Movement Leaders to the Neighbor Next Door. The First of...
- A Professor's Transformation
Glenn Loury, pp. 29-30
One Man's Dramatic Journey from Spiritual Death to New Life.
- The Synagogue by the Sea
Michael Medved, pp. 31-34
A True Story of Judaism Reborn - In a Building, in a Neighborhood, and in Individual Jews.
- Religious Conservatives Up Close II, pp. 35-38
- Christianity for Real Men
William Mattox, Jr., pp. 39-42
Is Promise Keepers a Male Chauvinist Plot? Or America's Most Promising New Social Movem...
- Major League Champion of Family Values
Dale Buss, pp. 43-47
Focus on the Family Has Loyal Fans, a Star Player, and a Winning Record. And It's Not P...
- Religious Conservatives Up Close III, pp. 48-52
- Fundamentally Confused
Edward Ericson, Jr., pp. 53-54
When It Comes to Religious Conservatives, Liberals Don't Have a Clue.
- From Bad to Better
Dale Buss, pp. 55-57
Press Coverage of Religion Is Ridiculously Thin and Often Hostile - But Less So Than It...
- The Parallel Universe, pp. 58-61
Frozen Out of Mainstream Culture, Religious People Have Built Their Own Vast World of B...
- Religious Conservatives Up Close IV, pp. 62-66
- The Case for a Religious Liberty Amendment
Michael McConnell, pp. 67-69
A Legal Scholar Who Has Argued Some of the Nation's Most Important Supreme Court Cases ...
- The Orthodox Alliance
Fred Barnes, pp. 70-71
America's New Politico-Cultural Split Is between People of Faith Concerned Over Moral D...
- Return from Decadence?
Gertrude Himmelfarb, pp. 72-73
Once They're Discarded, Can Moral Restraints Ever Be Restored in a Modern Society? Reli...
- Religious Conservatives Up Close V, pp. 74-78
Transcript: Words Worth Repeating
- A Nobel-Winning Economist Notes Religion's Importance., p. 79
- America's Political Founders Do Likewise., pp. 80-81
In Real Life: The Daily Work of Americans
- Details a Day in the Life of a Home School.
Holly Kinch, p. 82
- Battles Moral Crisis, and State Discrimination, at a Black Catholic High School.
Brother Bob Smith, pp. 83-84
Dorothy Day, pp. 85-86
Dorothy Day Didn't Want to Fight Poverty; She Wanted to Help Poor People.
[+] Holocaustism Versus God (Review)
Mayer Schiller, p. 87
Why Should Jews Survive?, by Michael Goldberg
- Why Should Jews Survive? by Michael Goldberg
[+] The Pinstriped Priesthood (Review)
John McCaughry, p. 88
The Confidence Game, by Steven Solomon
- The Confidence Game by Steven Solomon
[+] The Critical Liberal (Review)
David Boaz, p. 89
Big Babies, by Michael E. Kinsley
- Big Babies by Michael E. Kinsley
[+] Davidians vs. Goliath (Review)
Carol Moore, p. 90
The Ashes of Waco, by Dick J. Reavis
- The Ashes of Waco by Dick J. Reavis
[+] Not Natural (Review)
Scott Walter, p. 91
Virtually Normal, by Andrew Sullivan
- Virtually Normal by Andrew Sullivan
- Author, Author!
Florence King, pp. 92-93
Molly Ivins Apologizes, Pretty Much. Florence King Sort of Accepts.
- The Digest: Summaries of Important Research, pp. 94-100
Selling the World Bank...Food Regulation for Hypochondriacs...Government Art Lessons......
- Opinion Pulse: The Latest Survey Data, pp. 101-109
Survey of Immigrants...School Violence...Views of Washington...School Prayer.
- The Mail, pp. 110-114