The American Enterprise Archives
The American Enterprise • 10 Years, 68 Issues, 2,217 Articles, 5,684pp
January 1995 Issue - 37 Articles
- Bird's Eye, pp. 4-6
Our Chance of a Lifetime to End the Welfare Curse
- Sidelights, p. 7
Newt Gingrich. China Today. The Rights of Grass.
- Scan, pp. 8-15
Election Reports. Body Weight Liberation. Marion Barry, Welfare Critic. George Gilder o...
- Indicators: Numbers Etc., pp. 16-20
The Working Poor? Massive Support for Welfare Cuts. Haiti and Population Growth. Multic...
- Two Views, pp. 21-22
Should All-Male Schools Be Illegal? From the Left and from the Right, Elizabeth For-Gen...
- "Live" with TAE, pp. 23-27
"People Want Their Money Back, They Want Their Freedom Back, They Want Their Country Ba...
Blueprints for a New World of Welfare
- America at Midnight, pp. 28-32
On the 30th Anniversary of the Moynihan Report, It's Past Time to Repair the American F...
Sex, Families, Race, Poverty, Welfare: A Symposium
- --- by Walter Williams, p. 33
- --- by Barbara Dafoe Whitehead, p. 33
- --- by Lee Rainwater, p. 33
- --- by Charles Murray, p. 34
- --- by Glenn Loury, p. 34
- --- by Sen. Joe Lieberman, p. 35
- --- by Mickey Kaus, p. 35
- --- by George Gilder, p. 36
- --- by Eugene Genovese, p. 37
- --- by Martin Anderson, p. 37
- The Summer of '65, pp. 38-41
The Author Remembers the Birth of the Negro Family, and Describes the Great Transformat...
- The View from 1999, pp. 42-48
A Welfare Fantasy
- Rebirth of the Maternity Home, pp. 49-55
Forget Welfare Checks. Here's How to Help Poor Women in Trouble.
- Rescue the Perishing, pp. 56-60
The Director of a Rare Homeless Shelter That Does More Than Shelter Describes the Tough...
- Making America Sick?, pp. 61-64
Here's a Welfare Program That's Costlier the AFDC, and Growing Like Kudzu. Yet Welfare ...
- Pariahs, pp. 65-72
A Roundtable Discussion on Forbidden Research, with Leading Lepers Christina Hoff Somme...
- Transcript: Words Worth Repeating, pp. 73-74
Excerpts from a Bradley Lecture on Feminism by Christina Hoff Sommers. Very Contemporar...
- Journal: The Daily Work of Americans, pp. 75-78
Gaye Wagner Collars a Career Criminal. Blake Hurst Harvests Corn. Ann MacFarlane Lunche...
- Enterprising: Business as an Imaginative Act, pp. 79-82
Private and Electronic Competitors Are Delivering a Message to the U.S. Postal Service:...
- The Economist, pp. 83-85
The Environmental Movement Discovers the Limits to Its Growth.
- Flashback, p. 86
In 1808, 13-year-old William Cullen Bryant Wrote Paeans to...Free Trade.
[+] Touch Colleens (Review) , p. 87
The Kennedy Women, by Laurence Leamer
- The Kennedy Women by Laurence Leamer
[+] Wild Sam (Review) , p. 88
If They Move . . . Kill 'Em!, by David Weddle
- If They Move . . . Kill 'Em! by David Weddle
[+] Congressman: Go Home (Review) , p. 89
Home Style, by Richard F. Fenno, Jr.
- Home Style by Richard F. Fenno, Jr.
[+] Nixon's Ghost (Review) , p. 90
Nixon Reconsidered, by Joan Hoff
- Nixon Reconsidered by Joan Hoff
[+] We're Off to Slay the Wizard (Review) , pp. 91-93
Arrogant Capital, by Kevin Phillips
- Arrogant Capital by Kevin Phillips
- The Digest: Summaries of Important Research, pp. 94-100
War Technology...Rock and Roll Incomes...Bad Jury Rules...School Spending's Poor Paybac...
- Opinion Pulse: The Latest Survey Data, pp. 101-111
Republican Realignment, Satisfaction with Work, and Welfare Reform. Exit Poll Results f...
- Biograph/Names in the News, pp. 112-114
Who Is Tokyo Sexwale?