The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
June 1982 Issue - 21 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-11
Defending Ann Landers... The most cynical Cabinet member... and other odds and ends.
- Defrocking the Fed, pp. 12-21
A look behind the curtain shows how the Federal Reserve is destroying the economy in or...
- Who's Who, p. 22
- "Sweetheart, Get Me Re-Write. They've Indicted the Donut Dunker!", pp. 23-24
Vice in Minnesota is Virtue in Chicago.
- Monthly Journalism Award, pp. 25-26
- Memo of the Month, p. 27
- The Class War We Can't Afford to Lose, pp. 28-38
Saving our public schools from the enemy within.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 39
- Using Husbands as Business Cards, pp. 40-44
Political wives in compromising positions.
- Literati, Go Home, pp. 45-49
In a quaint Mexican village, the imperialists wear sandals.
- Where to Stay in Washington, pp. 50-51
- Political Puzzle, p. 52
[+] On Political Books (Review) , pp. 53-57
The Hayden Manifesto
- The American Future by Tom Hayden
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review The Best Defense, by Alan M. Dershowitz (Review) , p. 58
- The Best Defense by Alan M. Dershowitz
[+] Review The CIA in Guatemala, by Richard H. Immerman (Review) , p. 58
- The CIA in Guatemala by Richard H. Immerman
[+] Review Israel Now, by Lawrence Meyer (Review) , p. 58
- Israel Now by Lawrence Meyer
[+] Review Planning a Tragedy, by Larry Berman (Review) , p. 58
- Planning a Tragedy by Larry Berman
[+] Review Tomorrow Capitalism, by Henri Lepage (Review) , p. 59
- Tomorrow Capitalism by Henri Lepage
[+] Review Voices of Protest, by Alan Brinkley (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Voices of Protest by Alan Brinkley
- Cover photo