The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
October 1995 Issue - 30 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 610-611
- Trial by Jury vs. Trial By Judge, pp. 612-615
A defense of one of our precious heritages.
- Greed and Gravity, pp. 616-617
Self-interest as a natural force.
- The Foundations of Political Disarray: Lessons from Professor Hayek, pp. 618-621
What political leaders don't know can hurt us.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 622-623
The Power to Tax
- Fractional Reserve Banking, pp. 624-627
The federal cartelization of U.S. banks and the flight from sound money.
- Reforming Polities in the Age of Leviathan: A Skeptical View, pp. 628-630
Challenging conventional wisdom about campaign finance and lobbying may be misguided.
- Why Is It Nature versus People?, pp. 631-632
Environmentalists forget that man is a natural creature too.
- No-Brainer, pp. 633-634
The end never justifies the means.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 635-636
- The Internet: New Technology, Old Law, pp. 637-639
Will regulation and legislation limit voices on the internet?
- A Report Card on Charter Schools, pp. 640-644
- Environmental Education: Turning Kids into Political Activists, pp. 645-649
A review of textbooks and curricula
- The Devastating Effect of the Annenberg Grants, pp. 650-651
The negative impact of a $500 million grant to public schools.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 652-653
Paying for Other People's Politics
- Economic Winners Deserve to Be Respected, Not Vilified, pp. 654-655
Their talent and effort merit our admiration.
- Why They're Mad, pp. 656-657
The root causes of the rural revolution.
- The Big Apple: Cigarettes and Central Planners, pp. 658-659
Let restaurateurs, not regulators, make the rules.
- William Penn-America's First Great Champion for Liberty and Peace, pp. 660-664
A portrait of the remarkable proponent of religious toleration.
- Henry Salvatori-A Man of Integrity, pp. 665-667
Putting beliefs into action.
Economics on Trial
- Econ 101: Do We Really Need Another Samuelson?, pp. 668-670
[+] Review Free to Try, (Review) , p. 671
- Free to Try
[+] Review The Tyranny of Numbers, by Nicholas Eberstadt (Review) , p. 672
- The Tyranny of Numbers by Nicholas Eberstadt
[+] Review The Death of Common Sense, by Philip K. Howard (Review) , p. 673
- The Death of Common Sense by Philip K. Howard
[+] Review The Careless Society, by John McKnight (Review) , p. 674
- The Careless Society by John McKnight
[+] Review Economic Thought before Adam Smith, by Murray ... (Review) , pp. 675-676
- Economic Thought before Adam Smith by Murray N. Rothbard
[+] Review Tax Free 2000, by Murray Sabrin (Review) , p. 677
- Tax Free 2000 by Murray Sabrin
[+] Review The American Revolution Resurgent, by Raphael ... (Review) , p. 677
- The American Revolution Resurgent by Raphael G. Kazmann
[+] Review Government Nannies, by Cathy Duffy (Review) , p. 678
- Government Nannies by Cathy Duffy
- Notes from Fee