The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
July 1995 Issue - 26 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 410-411
- The Trouble with Keynes, pp. 412-415
A dubious legacy of political activism and short-run solutions
- Macroeconomics Reconsidered, pp. 416-418
Toward formulating a defensible theory of capital.
- Cholecystectomy, How Is It Made?, pp. 419-421
A surgeon applies the lesson of "I, Pencil" to gall bladder surgery.
- A Sales Pitch for Laissez-Faire Health Care, pp. 422-423
The benefits of establishing freedom of property, consent, and contract in medical care.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 424-425
Block Grants Are Not the Answer
- Is Environmental Pollution the Principal Environmental Problem?, pp. 426-428
Rethinking pollution as an economic problem
- The Greening of the Cross, pp. 429-432
Misstatements of a new environmental movement.
- The Rise of Market-Based Management, pp. 433-438
Looking to the free market system for business management insights.
- The Economic Safety Net(a parable), pp. 439-441
The dangers of trading liberty for security.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 442-443
Beyond the Pale
- Special Interests and the Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II, pp. 444-447
National security was not the primary motivating factor.
- Peace for Europe?, pp. 448-450
The centralizing effort of the European Union could generate the very conflict it seeks...
- Economics 101: A True-False Test, p. 451
How much do you know about the American economy of the 1980s?
- Hail to Prices!, pp. 452-453
In pangbae, as in peoria, prices convey vital information about supply and demand.
- Potomac Principle, pp. 454-455
Freedom from Taxes?
- Don't Believer the Hysterical Preservationists, pp. 456-460
Supplanting the aesthetic choices of the property owner with government edict is bad ec...
- Free Banking and Economic Development, pp. 461-466
Why free banking is so well suited for less-developed and former Eastern Bloc countries.
- Thomas Jefferson's Sophisticated, Radical Vision of Liberty, pp. 467-471
A tribute to Jefferson's monumental accomplishments.
[+] Forrest Gump: A Subversive Movie (Review) , pp. 472-473
A review of one of the year's most celebrated films.
- Forrest Gump (1994 Film) by Robert Zemeckis
Economics on Trial
- Sorry, Charley, But That's Not Capitalism!, pp. 474-475
[+] Review Cliches of Politics, by Mark Spangler (Review) , p. 476
- Cliches of Politics by Mark Spangler
[+] Review Death by Government, by R.J. Rummel (Review) , p. 477
- Death by Government by R.J. Rummel
[+] Review Beyond Politics, by William C. Mitchell and Ra... (Review) , p. 478
- Beyond Politics by William C. Mitchell and Randy T. Simmons
[+] Review Investment Biker, by Jim Rogers (Review) , p. 479
- Investment Biker by Jim Rogers
- Notes from Fee