The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
February 2001 Issue - 25 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 8-9
- Correspondence, pp. 10-11
Conservatives and Evolution & C.
- Public Nuisances, pp. 12-13
Dear Mr. President;Capital Brutality
- Capitol Ideas, pp. 14-15
The Bush Clan's Return
- The Supply-Side Club with Clout, pp. 16-21
A new Reaganite SWAT team goes hunting for RINOs (Republicans In Name Only).
- Jericho, Tennessee, pp. 22-25
How a horn-blowing mob beat a tax sneak-attack.
- Chicken Little Was Wrong, pp. 26-29
Seven of the most surprising trends of human progress.
- Hooking Up with Tom Wolfe, pp. 30-33
For nearly four decades this conservative has been America's most amazing man of letters.
- A Scientist Finds Independence, pp. 34-41
Art Robinson fights aging with his home-schooled lab rats.
- From the Clinton Archives, pp. 42-43
A memorandum for prospective appointees.
- Ben Stein's Diary, pp. 44-49
The Gore-Boies Recession
- Constitutional Opinions, pp. 50-51
The Right Call
- Opportunities, pp. 52-53
The Avanex Advantage
- The Recession Spectator, p. 54
We've Been Here Before
- The Nation's Pulse, p. 55
I Was a Teenage Communist
- The Public Policy, pp. 56-57
GOP Spouse Abuse
- Politics, pp. 58-59
The Coming Bush Dynasty
- The Talkies, pp. 60-61
[+] Reagan, In His Own Hand (Review) , pp. 62-64
Reagan, In His Own Hand, by Kiron K. Skinner, Annelise Anderson, and Martin Anderson, ...
- Reagan, In His Own Hand by Kiron K. Skinner, Annelise Anderson, and Martin Anderson, ...
[+] A Life in the 20th Century (Review) , p. 65
A Life in the Twentieth Century, by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
- A Life in the Twentieth Century by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
[+] Hitler 1936-1945 (2 Reviews) , pp. 66-67
The Third Reich: A New History, by Michael Burleigh
- The Third Reich: A New History by Michael Burleigh
- Hitler, 1936-1945: Nemesis by Ian Kershaw
[+] The Moral Obligation to Be Intelligent (Review) , pp. 68-71
The Moral Obligation To Be Intelligent, by Lionel Trilling and Leon Wieseltier
- The Moral Obligation To Be Intelligent by Lionel Trilling and Leon Wieseltier
- Current Wisdom, pp. 72-73
- Last Call, pp. 74-76
Tragedies Rewritten for Democrats
- Cover illustration